As I posted before, I need a guitar fast! I'm thinkong of the RG321MH since it's not expensive, what are the pros and cons?
Pros: inexpensive, fast neck, mahogany body, string-thru hardtail, 24 frets
Cons: entry level, bland pickups, occasional QC rejects

Owned one, it's an awesome everyday use guitar for the money. Try before you buy, though, it's almost sweatshop assembled. You might need to align your pickups, tighten the nuts on the controls, and keep your input jack in place with some crazy glue.

But what else do you expect for that money?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
its 300$ and your asking for cons?

Like any 300$ guitar, its going to have cheaper pickups, and lower quality wood.

But i believe that version does not have a licenced floyd rose does it? Anywayz, I dont know how much you know about floyd roses and floating tremelo's, but i would recommend staying away from them for your first guitar.

I made the mistake of getting one for my first guitar. Dont get me wrong I love my guitar, but when you are beginning, you should focus on looking at a lot of different things too, which may require tunning from standard to drop D, which takes about an hour and a half to two hours to tune.

Anywayz, i think your good though. Its a great beginners guitar, I have a 320DX and I love it. But i think im about to go buy a Schecter C-1 Classic in a few weeks.
^ It's not my first guitar, just I need one fast cause mine's breaking down and I don't have the cash (i dont' have to time to save up). And i own a Floyd, it's pissing my off right now.
I mostly just don't like the pick-ups and the neck is awesome, but I am a bigger neck kinda person. I say go for it though (assuming you have tried it out)
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
its 300$ and your asking for cons?

Like any 300$ guitar, its going to have cheaper pickups, and lower quality wood.

But i believe that version does not have a licenced floyd rose does it? Anywayz, I dont know how much you know about floyd roses and floating tremelo's, but i would recommend staying away from them for your first guitar.

I made the mistake of getting one for my first guitar. Dont get me wrong I love my guitar, but when you are beginning, you should focus on looking at a lot of different things too, which may require tunning from standard to drop D, which takes about an hour and a half to two hours to tune.

Anywayz, i think your good though. Its a great beginners guitar, I have a 320DX and I love it. But i think im about to go buy a Schecter C-1 Classic in a few weeks.

Lower quality wood? The 321MH has a mahogony body.... And NO lfr, it has a string thru fixed trem.

RG321MH is excellent.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Lower quality wood? The 321MH has a mahogony body.... And NO lfr, it has a string thru fixed trem.

RG321MH is excellent.

Any one see the issue here?
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage

Are you trying to say he's wrong or something? He's right though
Quote by Dudage

no do you. whats wrong with string thru hardtails look at the tele
Quote by ClassicAxe

RG321MH is excellent.

Just because it's ,ahogany doesn't mean it's good. It's defintely lower grade mahogany.