Hey guys,

I was watching the video for Windowpane by my FAVORITE band, Opeth. I noticed the guitar players used a very simple capo, and I was looking for one like that. I'll post pics below.

And just as an aside, I think people on this forum would LOVE Opeth. They can switch between hard rock to very light acoustic to distortion playing over acoustic, its amazing.

Here are the pics...if anyone knows any kind of capo that is similar to this, and can provide a link?

One shot of capo

Another shot

A Capo on the bass guitar, looks similar

Sorry I couldn't post better pictures. I tried taking snapshots of the video in Windows Media Player but it wouldn't show up, so I had to do it on Youtube.
why do u care what kind of capo it is? every capo has the same purpose
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Quote by guitarfreek909

And to be honest, I've seen simpler capos than that
Slowhand is the Best
Quote by guitarfreek909

Because, I've seen other caps, and they look too complicated. I want a simliar one to the one they use because I mostly play thier songs.

Quote by man-overboard
And to be honest, I've seen simpler capos than that

How much simpler can you get?

Quote by richwatkinson
Apparently he wants the same one, for they are his FAVOURITE band and he LOVEs them.

Capital letters wont make people like them dude

Well they are my favorite band, I mean I don't think using caps makes a difference. The band is there, I simply suggested listening to them. If you dont wanna, fine. Not my funeral.
Anything that barres a paticular fret can be considered a capo. Everything from your pointer finger to a pencil and rubberbands to zip-ties. It really doesnt make a difference what one you buy, its going to give you the SAME sound and do the SAME thing. All of them are work just as simple as any other as well.
Quote by l337killa07
Because, I've seen other caps, and they look too complicated. I want a simliar one to the one they use because I mostly play thier songs.
That genuinely made me LMAO!
A Kyser capo
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Might be a Fender capo. I have one, they look like a muscle builder or something. You can get them for $10 or so from MF.
Opeth are very popular around here, man. Just go take a look at the Opeth thread in the metal forum. They're my favourite band as well
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by invisible_man
Opeth are very popular around here, man. Just go take a look at the Opeth thread in the metal forum. They're my favourite band as well

Heh I didn't know they had thier own thread. I'll check it out....maybe I'll find tabs for some of the songs I've been trying to play. Rock on brotha man....Rock on!!!

Quote by BorisTheFish
That genuinely made me LMAO!

What is so funny about it?

Quote by lookie here
A Kyser capo

Sweet, I'll check it out

Quote by JahJahwarrior
Might be a Fender capo. I have one, they look like a muscle builder or something. You can get them for $10 or so from MF.

Alright I'll browse around on MF to find one like that.
thread made me lol hard. why does it matter what capo? i capod with a pencil and ductape before
Quote by CJE
I punched my friend out of a desk and yelled "FATALITY."
Best. Study hall. Evar.
Or like the time I yelled out "WHY DOES IT BURN WHEN I PEEEEEEEE????"
Best. Library time. Evar.

Quote by slaveofsatan
I yelled "I leik t3h mudkipz" in my grade 9 orientation.
Obvious troll is obvious?

A capo is a capo, seriously.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Plus if he HAS that exact CAPO, he will have his FAVORITE band, opeth's, TONE. lulz.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
well i guess you all fail a bit, because tbh, a capo is not a capo.

trigger (kyser) capos are nice because you can put them on quick between songs and store them on the headstock when not in use.

BUT

they usually pull strings sharp. so you'll want to tune the guitar again after putting them on.

if you dont believe me because your ear isnt hearing it, then place the capo on and check the tuning.

the ones with fine adjustments (shubb) might be a little harder to get on, but you'll save time in the long run, because a light pressure will allow the guitar to stay in tune better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
well i guess you all fail a bit, because tbh, a capo is not a capo.

trigger (kyser) capos are nice because you can put them on quick between songs and store them on the headstock when not in use.

BUT

they usually pull strings sharp. so you'll want to tune the guitar again after putting them on.

if you dont believe me because your ear isnt hearing it, then place the capo on and check the tuning.

the ones with fine adjustments (shubb) might be a little harder to get on, but you'll save time in the long run, because a light pressure will allow the guitar to stay in tune better.

This man knows exactly what he is talking about.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Paige-6String-Guitar-Capo?sku=369801

Capos like the one in this link allow you to adjust tighness of the capo and bring you closer to being in tune. I've also owned a Kyser, and those will make you EXTREMELY sharp.

It shouldn't matter if your favorite band uses something, your favorite band isn't always correct.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
^She's not a man...

But yea, she's right It also has to do with how well your guitar is intonated as well I have found.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
3 years old thread...
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Man how old is that screenshot? Thats like really early youtube/flashplayer/firefox!

EDIT:
Quote by vitchb
3 years old thread...

Beat me to it
Is it just me or do yall also think with the time this guy wasted making screen shots and making this post he could have just pulled up GC, MF, American Musical or Google for that matter and found the exact capo in seconds compared to making this post and waiting for someone to answer lol
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Is it just me or do yall also think with the time this guy wasted making screen shots and making this post he could have just pulled up GC, MF, American Musical or Google for that matter and found the exact capo in seconds compared to making this post and waiting for someone to answer lol

Yep, 3 years earlier too!
sorry didnt realize it was a dead thread.

let's let it sink back into the deep water now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011