I searched, but i couldnt find a thread about him, so i made one.

I think neil is the best, and my favourite song by him would have to be thrasher from Rust Never Sleeps.

Also i got to see neil young on stage not too long ago, along with crosby, stills and nash. That was a fukin awsome concert.
he doesn't get enough appreciation on this board. probably because 99% of the people on this forum who listen to "classic rock" lsiten to the same popular classic rock bands everyone and their monkey's uncle have liked since they were born. (IE: led zeppelin, ac/dc, the beates, etc).
I wanted to get 'Living With War,' but I always get something else instead, I'm too compulsive.

I did get 'Prarie Wind' and that kicks ass.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
I agree. He doesnt get nearly enough credit. My favorite song would have to be Down By The River
I like Neil Young but I don't like him as much as, say, Pink Floyd because I don't like the music he plays as much as I like their music. My favourite songs by him would be "Hey Hey, My My", "My My, Hey Hey" and "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"........I think there was already a thread about him though
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
I love Neil Young. Ragged Glory and Live Rust are my favorites. Don't waste your time with Living With War. Its is a good record, but not up to Young's usual standards. Its sounds like Neil just took all the first takes of the songs and put them on the record. He could have made a superb record if he took some more time with it. But instead its just merely a good record.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
^^I don't think the point of Living With War was to make a good music record...

Neil is great. I found out last night I have 19 Neil Young CDs, and I still don't have anywhere near what I want. Great songwriter, plays every type of music imaginable.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Living With War, though it was a decent album, is definetly not my favorite by Neil. As BrainDamage said, it wasn't eniterly designed to be a musical record, but more to make a point about Bush being an ass.

I prefer Neil's grunge-rock like what he does with Crazy Horse over his acoustic stuff, but I like both.
Overall I think Neil Young has been somebody who has been successul in branching into the different types of rock. He's good when he plays with the acoustic guitar and he's good when he plays with the electric guitar. Living With War I thought was a fairly simple album but sure made its point, considering all the publicity it got. Musically its not very complex but its fun to listen to I think.
I love his stuff... very fun to cover, great to listen to. I don't mind his soloing, and sometimes even enjoy it (let's be honest, it can be sloppy almost beyong comprehension).

I also like his stuff with CSNY and Buffalo Springfield, very cool.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I am a billion times better than Neil Young as far as guitar playing and especially soloing, but I would rather hear him than me. He is one of my favorites.

My favorite is the live version of Powderfinger from Live Rust.