right, im getting a second guitar and im on a pretty tight budget , so i was looking at these 2 guitars< any help on which one to get would be good

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=873
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=889
it costs £26 to get them sent to me in ireland so take that into acount, but i can get the sg for £229 at a local shop so it will be cheaper than sending it over from this online place.
I play rock, punk, metal, heavy metal, pop, quite a range of stuff so i need the one which is the best quality out of these 2 or which ever 1 would suit me best, i was also looking at ibanezs but i just dont find them appealing looks wise i find them overstated as in they would make ppl think that i think im great when im not, lol, but anywho, any other more suitable guitars in this price range would be helpful, thanks

by the way i prefer the look of the sg and it is cheaper,
Last edited by ch715dallat at Jul 29, 2006,
it all really comes down to preference...you might like the SG but i like the Les Paul. I here that SG necks are faster though so...you need to try them out both would be well suited for your influences.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I say go for the SG. It's a better guitar than the Studio.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yes, SG necks are better but the Gibson SG necks are the fastest, it is a fact that Epiphone SG necks are much fatter (and I say "much" because I have a Gibson SG and I am used to the neck.)
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
yeah i like the look of the sg but i dont have the money to get a gibson one, ive been told it has a faster neck and LP are notoriously slower necks than others also it would be cheaper to get the sg but has anyone played the one i have shown there, and does it sound good, im not expecting an amazing sound but anythin is better than the piece of **** encore i have jeez it is so bad, lol, and at least if i get the SG ill have some money to get a decent amp and pedal to get rid of the piece of **** bb blaster, lol
Get the SG G400
"It's easier to believe than it is to think. Hence we have far more believers than thinkers."-?
"Ive been busted, discusted and couldn't be trusted"-Woody Guthrie
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
Epi LP Standard Plus Flame Top
to right sg's own i never had 1 but im sure as hell gettin this 1, just need to get the cash, couple of weeks and itll be mine then im gonna get a decent amp and a boss ds-1 pedal