I am getting the MXR 10 band EQ, and I read that it can make some noise, but "thats what the noise supressor is for" they all say... So I check out boss' supressor, and some people say that it can suck some of your tone. I really dont want that, so anyone have any experience with this or could recomend another pedal ?

Thanx alot
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
i know for sure the ISP is suppose to be the best for leaving your tone intact..
I've heard alot of bad things about the NS2... I'd go for the MXR Smart-Gate for sure
whats with all this talk about an ISP Decimator/?!?!?!!?!@@#! I CANT EVEN FIND THAT AT ANY STORES!
and besides its just a noise supressor? whats the difference? i dont get it
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
play it and you will..ISP is available at music123 and musiciansfriend, or at least one of them I think..its the best on the market in my opinion
i own an ns-2 and an isp.

the ns-2 is in it's box in the closet, isp is currently in the chain.

if you're just using it to cut pedal noise, the ns-2 works fine. it actually does better at that, imo. but if you're using it to cut amp noise, ISP all the way.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
ISP top of the line for bedroom players or small giggers.
Boss NS-2, ****... **** **** ****. yep.
MXR S.Gate - good choice, for the price it'd beat a ISP.
actually, I think they have an ISP pedal now.
it used to only be the rack.

so go ISP
I have the ISP in my rack and it is ****ing awesome
then again, I dont have much to clean up :O
i just have pre > Multi effect> power........yeah, I guess I have one just to say I have one.
Quote by hellview_666
hey Ive got an NS2 and i havent noticed sod all about sapping tone!

Thats because you dont know tone.

Ive heard a NS-2 on 3 different rigs.

A XXX, a JCM 2000, and a 6505. On every rig i can tell a difference in tone. A bad difference.
Quote by TheFluffy
Thats because you dont know tone.

Ive heard a NS-2 on 3 different rigs.

A XXX, a JCM 2000, and a 6505. On every rig i can tell a difference in tone. A bad difference.

meh...i may not know tone...but it still does the job for its price...
Is it true that the Rocktron Hush Super C rack unit is better than the ISP rack unit?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
thanks for all your opinions I have to get the EQ and then decide if I need one of these supressors...
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
Quote by hellview_666
meh...i may not know tone...but it still does the job for its price...

are you a bedroom guitarist?
ah ....i did the whole test on the BOSS NS2 tone sapping...BOSS are money grabbing gits!

you NEED the EQ7 BEFORE any pedals you plan to use to reshape the tone, thus allowing you to alter your sound to its original state.... or make it a little bit better...
Quote by spuime4c1es
are you a bedroom guitarist?

at the moment ...yes but i do use my NS-2 in band practice...i only ever use it to keep everything quiet while im not playing...

EDIT: also...it doesnt stop most professional bands using it in live situations!
The NS-2 takes a little effort to make it work very well, but if you take the time you might find it better than the decimator. It does the job well, and it has the effects loop so you can pick and choose which pedals you want to gate.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I use the Boss NS-2 and I haven't really noticed any degradation in my tone when it's in the signal chain. If set too agressively, it can definately affect tone and sustain, but by turning down the threshold and increasing the decay a bit, it sounds fine.

Although I agree the Decimator is a better pedal. It's also more expensive. Either way, I don't see either pedal being a bad choice for it's price range.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Sorry for jacking the thread but is the rocktron hush rack unit good because I saw one used at a store for 100 bucks. it looked like a older version though
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.