Page 1 of 2
what are some good intermedite metal songs songs to learn in C tuning (C F Bb Eb G C) look at my fav bands for a idea to what i like,thanks

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Children Of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet
Bullet For My Valentine - Hand of Blood (I think it's in C, if i remember)
Steve Vai - Bad Horsie (surprisingly not that hard, but for parts you'll need a OFR which i don't think your SG has.)

I assume you know Arch Enemy to since it's in your title, even though they're not really C since the G and B strings are 1/2 a step more flat.

l

Trivium is D not C i believe.
how would i tune to arch enemy tuning and bullet and bodom play droped C (C G C F A D)

EDIT: oh yeah trivium play droped D coz i play them alot

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
SOAD ftw
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666
how would i tune to arch enemy tuning and bullet and bodom play droped C (C G C F A D)

I jsut checked, some of their old stuff was C, but most is D.
Dickless.
Quote by Sapple Pass
SOAD ftw

System isn't C, they are drop C.

I believe Black Sabbath is in C.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
I believe Black Sabbath is in C.

I doubt the Iommi stuff will be, as Tony uses 8s. The Rhoads era might be though.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666

Arch Enemy use C Standard Tuning on all of their songs (2 whole steps down)
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
SOAD played in drop C before Mesmerize/Hypnotize, but we are talking about STANDARD C. Try As I AM by Dream Theater.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
SOAD mostly plays in C# I believe. And don't they play in a drop tuning?
I like playing songs that are supposed to be in standard tuning, in standard C tuning because it sounds alot heavier.
Also, I sometimes play on a friend's 7-string which makes it sound even heavier.
No pain no gain.

Meaning: Keep playing till your fingers fall off, then glue em back on and play some more.
Quote by bean-o
SOAD played in drop C before Mesmerize/Hypnotize, but we are talking about STANDARD C. Try As I AM by Dream Theater.

As I Am is on a 7-string.. so that would be a B tuning.
Or am I confusing songs here?
No pain no gain.

Meaning: Keep playing till your fingers fall off, then glue em back on and play some more.
In Flames (at least a lot of their earlier stuff) is in C Tuning. Check out "Dialogue with the Stars", that song is amazing.
Quote by DYin01
As I Am is on a 7-string.. so that would be a B tuning.
Or am I confusing songs here?

I think you are confusing it with another song on Train of Thought, not a single song on that album is in standard tuning.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by Calum_Barrow
I doubt the Iommi stuff will be, as Tony uses 8s. The Rhoads era might be though.

Dude,Rhoads was Ozzys axeman on his solo albums.He tunes to standard.Iommi played in Black Sabbath.I think in Electric Funeral he plays C#.Im not sure correct me if im wrong.
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
every Black Dahlia Mruder Song. Unhallowed and then leanr Funeral Thirst. thats fun to play.

a Vulgar Picture.

then in Flames, Arch Enemy, some Cradle of Filth.
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
Quote by DYin01
SOAD mostly plays in C# I believe. And don't they play in a drop tuning?
I like playing songs that are supposed to be in standard tuning, in standard C tuning because it sounds alot heavier.
Also, I sometimes play on a friend's 7-string which makes it sound even heavier.

No, System plays in drop C, as in C, G, C, F, A, D

And I think I was wrong, Black Sabbath played C# (down one and a helf steps)
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by RandyRhoads=God
Dude,Rhoads was Ozzys axeman on his solo albums.He tunes to standard.Iommi played in Black Sabbath.I think in Electric Funeral he plays C#.Im not sure correct me if im wrong.

Thank you. You stopped me from morally bitcslapping that person...

Iommi did use 8s. And tuned to C# just so he could fret properly. However I have a feeling there is an innaccuracy there somewhere. Eg, he may use 8s now but perhaps in the past he didnt, as now he tunes his guitars to Eflat, except one which is still in C# for those special songs.
Quote by RandyRhoads=God

Electric Funeral is in standard E, but there are songs like Embryo/Children of the Grave that are in C#.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I think Soad plays in C alot, and maybe Trivium, but I'll have to check that.

System is Drop C, not C standard.
Quote by The way to hate
System is Drop C, not C standard.

Lemme get the soad tunings straight:
System of a Down (self titled) - Drop C
Toxicity - Drop C
Steal This Album - Drop C
Mezmerize - Drop Db (Db - Ab - Db - Gb - Bb - eb)
Hypnotize - Drop Db

They got higher as their careers went on.
wake up
grab a brush and put a little make-up
hide the scars to fade away the shake up
why'd you leave the keys up on the table
here you go create another fable
PEOPLE!!! He asked for C Standard no Drop C!!!!

I can't think of anything in C but you could tune up a half step and play some fun Behemoth riffs in C# Standard. Fun-fun!
yeah what he said about drop vs. standard ^

between the buried and me plays in C# standard, but thats about all I can think of at the moment

if you wanna try a btbam song try alaska, that would be fun
In Flames plays C standard on Jester Race, Colony, Whoracle, and Clayman.

Dethklok's Thunderhorse is also in C standard.
Easiest thing to do man. Pick a song you like, then listen to it and figure it out by ear. Bands use so many different tunings on albums now it is hard to say they play the whole thing in C, C#, B, Eb, see what I mean. If you just want to practice playing in C tunings then tune down and try and learn the songs in that tuning. That is what I would do.
You can play anything in standard tuning in C tuning.

Whoever said that you need to play in the same key as the original recording?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Neil Aran
In Flames (at least a lot of their earlier stuff) is in C Tuning. Check out "Dialogue with the Stars", that song is amazing.

Their new stuff is a pain in the ass - it's all written in Drop A#
Some Queens of the stone age songs are in drop C I think, such as 'No One Knows'

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
The only other band I can think of that plays C Standard is Callenish Circle, but good luck finding tabs for them.
In Flames is in A# now.

God Forbid is now at C, used to be C#
Killswitch Engage is and always has been at C

C is great. That's what i always play in.

What are we waiting for?

Crate GT1200H --> Crate Mini-Cab 4x14"
Ibanez Gio
Cort X-2
Ibanez RG7321 7-String
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
^ Except Killswitch Engage and God Forbid play in DROP C (C G C F A D), not C STANDARD (C F A# D# G C), which this guy was asking for. This always gets confused, no idea why, believe it or not C standard sounds different!
Page 1 of 2