Does by learning other people's songs works? Anyway, my chord progression/riffs are just bland.
no, dont learn covers. if you are a intermediate guitarist with experience, you should be developing ur own sound. when you learn a cover, the next song u write will most likely sound like it. maybe not exactly it, but it will be very influenced by it. try listening to different things.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
With experience? What do you mean by that? I've played for 2 years now and I've learnt so many covers I've lost count, its just that my originals are not kick'ass material which I'm trying to solve.
what i mean by experience, is working with other people. (being in bands). jam out with other people with different musical tastes too. besides, its gonna take time for ur originals to be really good. ive been playing for 4 and a half years, and my songs are pretty decent. i wish they could be better, but ive yet to improve. you still have a long way to go.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
So, I'll just keep on writing loads and loads until it gets good?
haha. pretty much thats how it works. are you in a band? because if you are, your songs will be twenty times better. why? because ur not the only one working on the songs. ur other bandmates bring in great ideas too.
Quote by NeverMeant
There's nothing wrong with learning covers of other songs. It's a great way to learn the variety of ways different musical concepts can be applied.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
There's nothing wrong with learning covers of other songs. It's a great way to learn the variety of ways different musical concepts can be applied.

yeah i agree. only if youre learning different kinds of music and techniques. but if the only thing your learning is one kind of band or music, then its a problem.
Quote by NeverMeant