Crit for crit, any criticism on my guitar or vocals is appreciated.

oblique.dmusic.com

edit: Yeah, the quality isn't great. I'm not sure how to get much out of my amp-vocal mic-computer with crappy soundcard in my basement setup.
Last edited by oblique at Jul 29, 2006,
The quality is very rough and kinda takes away from the effort. Guitar sounds solid, the vocals are ok but nothing really stands out because most of the song stays in the lower register.
Thanks for listening. Unfortunately I don't have anything near the vocal range of Thom Yorke, I thought it came out pretty well considering my limited recording setup.
Ok yea the quality isnt great but isnt that bad either. Sounds good there are a few spots that could use some work but overall rhythm guitar is good, lead could use some work. Vocals have potential just need to let loose a little more. I think you show some range once in a while but dont choose to use it when you should. Overall 7/10

Crit 4 crit please
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409970
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
I agree to some extent with dcoyle. It was ok. I thought your high e string may have been slightly out of tune, and just work on the vocals and the rhythm of the intro and that'll do.
Oh, and...

No, Leonard Cohen. Please.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Last edited by Child In Time at Aug 8, 2006,
Quote by Child In Time
I agree to some extent with dcoyle. It was ok. I thought your high e string may have been slightly out of tune, and just work on the vocals and the rhythm of the intro and that'll do.
Oh, and...

No, Leonard Cohen. Please.

I know it's Leonard Cohen, I did the Jeff Buckley arrangement so that's what I put it as. Thanks for the crit.