Im fairly new and I would like to know how to palm mute because lots of songs I want to learn have it.
to palm mute thethe farthest part of your paml from your thumb rest about two inches of that part of your palm on younr bridge covering about a centimeter of your strings coming out of the bridge and rest your non picking fingers middle ring pinky or if you somehow have a 6th finger rest that to and start picking and it should come out muted and heavy if it does ur bridge isnt high enough it happens on guitars like strats so just make sure you can do it first
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
palm muting. the name speaks for itself.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
You can also do it with the side of your hand by the way. The pinky-side I mean.. as long as there's something that mutes the string all the way at the bridge.
No pain no gain.

Meaning: Keep playing till your fingers fall off, then glue em back on and play some more.
^ Cool clip!
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
lmao, did you just pull that out or your ass?
Its our curse that makes this world so hopeless,
Allowing our king to spread his genocydal wings...
Quote by DYin01
You can also do it with the side of your hand by the way. The pinky-side I mean.. as long as there's something that mutes the string all the way at the bridge.

Ya, that's actually the only way I've ever seen anybody do it. It would be really wierd to use the middle of your palm.
Quote by Trivium05
lmao, did you just pull that out or your ass?

You don't like my mini-clip? I didn't pull it out of my "ass." I made it a while back to demonstrate the technique to a new player. I decided I'd show it to this guy to help him out.

It didn't come out of my "ass," you troll.