dear fellow UGers, i saw an add in my newspaper for a tele from 1984 . it is Butterscotch color with white pick guard and maple neck. it includes a hardshell flight case and it is 500 cannadian. the only stratch is on the back where the neck joins the body. i was wondering if u ppl could tell me if it is worth it?? or for the same price should i get a agile al-3000 csb ?? thanks for the help
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
wow you have great taste in guitars. Buy them both
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
It's not vintage, it's just slightly old. To me, the 80's isn't vintage.
But, that Tele really does sound cool, you could try it before you buy, but sounds like a great deal anyway, buy it!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
from fender.com :

1982 marked the introduction of the U.S. Vintage Series instruments and the use of the "V" prefix serial numbers. The only way to definitively date the U.S. "V" prefix serial numbered instruments, is to remove the neck, and check the butt end of the heel of the neck for a production date, which may be stamped or written there.
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
buy the tele and then save up for the agile! then you win!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
"Vintage Series" does not make it vintage only Vintage Series, there is a difference. The V.S. was designed with many vintage style attributes.

And I would stick with the Fender as long as it isn't trashed, but I am a Fender *****.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
The Tele with flight case is a good deal for $500. I'd go with it.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.