Hey guys this is my first post here and I'm sorry I have another which guitar thread. I have always wanted a PRS guitar but I don't know if they are worth the money. I am also looking at the Schecter C1 Classic. I haven't heard anything bad about these guitars so my question is would I be as happy with a guitar that costs a third as much? I currently have a Schecter Damien 6 and absolutely love the guitar so I have nothing against Schecters. I am looking at the PRS Custom 24 or getting the Schecter C1 Classic and possibly a Epiphone LP Custom too. I play all kinds of rock, classic rock up to metal. So should I go with the 2 cheaper guitars or the one expensive one? Thanks for the advice guys and sorry for the long post.
PRS do get a very nice sound, but the are horrendously overpriced, so I would go with the Schecterm but if you have the money for a pRS, then split it with the C1 and a good amp too, cos then you'll have pwning gear. PLus everyone likes cool fret inlays.

I dont think the C1 quality will quite match the PRS, but for a billionth of the price, who cares? theyre good enough by a long stretch.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Go for the PRS. They are of much higher quality than the Schecter. You might have to sell you car, though.
Opinonated: for me 1 nice guitar is as good as 2 'meh' guitars.

Educated: Go find a prs and try one out assuming you haven't already. It's really up to you if you want to spend $2000+ on a guitar. If it's worth it to you, who's to tell you other wise?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Thanks for the replies guys keep them coming. I can afford the PRS fine it's just I could buy a couple guitars I want or just the one PRS that's my main delima haha. What do you think?
omg did you see the PRS or Parker thread?

Schecters are schit so PRS in this case. But Parkers > PRS still.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by cperc
Thanks for the replies guys keep them coming. I can afford the PRS fine it's just I could buy a couple guitars I want or just the one PRS that's my main delima haha. What do you think?

What amp do you play. Maybe buy a nice guitar but no one is saying you have to spend all your money on it.
Yeah I saw the thread but I don't care for the Parker looks at all.
Quote by cperc

DONT BUY TWO THINGS INSTEAD OF ONE. Dont skimp on quality to get more things....get a good Jackson USA or and ESP custom shop, or a great Fender or something (note I purposely did NOT say Gibson,m although SGs are ok). Yeah...get ONE pretty damn good guitar and ONE pretty damn good amp, unless you have a Triple rec. or something already...
--
its not about looks dude. parkers are comfortable, very versatile, and just fantastic guitars. I'm not trying to change your opinions about them, just make sure you dont base guitars off of looks only.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
I have an Epiphone Valve Standard. But I don't play in a band at all, it's just a hobby and my wife and I live in a duplex so I don't want an amp that's going to piss off all my neighbors lol.
(sapple pass) I most certainly do NOT. But you cant say theyre not extremely different looking....I dunno, they look quite cool, but i prefer the satch shape (not its not extravagant, like a goddamn BC Rich, which should just die), partly because I have a Radius, which i love, so i guess im being a little biased.
but parkers for sound have pretty much no rival.
--
No I wouldn't say anything bad about the guitars themselves I just personally don't care for them.
Quote by cperc
I have an Epiphone Valve Standard. But I don't play in a band at all, it's just a hobby and my wife and I live in a duplex so I don't want an amp that's going to piss off all my neighbors lol.

yeah i know what you mean... you could get a lower wattage recto-verb, theyre cool (mesa boogie), or a JCM 2000 combo. Or (if you can afford it, a peavey JSX combo, cos even though I dont ilke peavey at all, that amp is the business
--
I hate it when 15 year olds without jobs pop up out of the woodwork and cry "overpriced" when PRS is mentioned. Just because you want one but can't afford one doesn't make it overpriced. You can get USA-made PRS guitars for under $2,000. My Standard 24 was $1,700 new (exactly the same guitar as the Custom without the flame top). The CE series will run you around $1,500.
Hi, I'm Peter
Alright so I guess I should go with quality over quantity? I just thought the C1 Classics were pretty good quality but I guess the PRS are way better in this area?
PRS has the best quality control in the industry of mass produced guitars. Hands down. The quality is definitely much better than anything Korean made, no matter how pretty the inlays are. But play one. Let your hands and ears judge. Put a bag over the headstocks if you have to A guitar isn't worth it if you don't like it.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by cperc
Alright so I guess I should go with quality over quantity? I just thought the C1 Classics were pretty good quality but I guess the PRS are way better in this area?

If your spending that much, leave nothing to guess.
I'd say get the Schecter C-1 Classic, my friend has one and it sounds amazing. Just get the Schecter and an amp.
Quote by J.MitMetallica
(sapple pass) I most certainly do NOT. But you cant say theyre not extremely different looking....I dunno, they look quite cool, but i prefer the satch shape (not its not extravagant, like a goddamn BC Rich, which should just die), partly because I have a Radius, which i love, so i guess im being a little biased.
but parkers for sound have pretty much no rival.

dude i was talking to cperc sorry haha but i agree with you
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by Dirk Gently
I hate it when 15 year olds without jobs pop up out of the woodwork and cry "overpriced" when PRS is mentioned. Just because you want one but can't afford one doesn't make it overpriced. You can get USA-made PRS guitars for under $2,000. My Standard 24 was $1,700 new (exactly the same guitar as the Custom without the flame top). The CE series will run you around $1,500.

i hope you are not suggesting me???? , I like PRS, they have a very nice sound, but i think they are quite expensive for what they are.
--
Just to clear up I wasn't trying to ever say PRS aren't worth the money I was just asking if it was a smarter move to get the PRS or "a couple other guitars" that I also like very much but don't cost as much.
I have the Custom 24 Ten-Top 20th Anniversary. Amazing guitar. Love everything about it. Its feel, look, speed, sounds, and how it plays. Theres pictures in my sig.
Get the PRS Custom or any high end PRS. I saw them in my guitar store and i can already tell they are worth its money. Now i cant decide for a GIbson or PRS....???
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
PRS over Gibson. I tried both. PRS Custom 24 and Gibson Les Paul Standard right after eachother. The PRS feels better, the Gibson isnt just that its heavy (even though its not that heavy) but it isnt balanced and hard to reach and slide. The PRS sounds better, I love the HFS (Hot, Fat, Screamers) and the Vintage pickups on it, I dont like the Dragon II on the Custom 22, and the Gibson sounded horrible compared to it. The PRS is just so hot looking, especially the one I got because it has the Ten-Top, but that like a lot extra just for nicer grain. But I couldnt resist going with the Ten-top when I got 20% off!
Quote by AtrumArx
I'd say get the Schecter C-1 Classic, my friend has one and it sounds amazing. Just get the Schecter and an amp.

Yeah. The Schecter annoys me less than the PRS. I like PRS and all.. but their neck does not suit my hand, and they always feel really short.

Plus the PRS has a wierd treble bleed knob that means that if you were ever to replace the pickups they would be trebly as hell (the guitar is normally anyway..). The Schecter has very very similar specs, and should be just as good, with rather good and versitile aftermarket pickups.

You're amp now is wonderful I think.
Thanks for all the replies guys. Hearing all these good things about both guitars is still making it hard to decide.... I think I will just have to take an afternoon off and sit down at guitar center and play both 'till I know for sure which one I can't live without!
If you have the money, go with the PRS! Yes, they are a little over-priced, but they are damn fine guitars. But if you are a little tight on cash, get the Schecter.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by Dirk Gently

haha yea im 14, close to 15, and have the Custom Ten-Top 20th An. Thats a $2500-3000 guitar. You guys have to work, gain money, save, and buy. I know not all of you can just do it that easy, but when you have a bunch of money laying around in the bank from saving up throughout the years, it helps when you want to buy something big.
Yeah the moneys not the issue at all. I just want to make sure since it's so much I'm making a good purchase and buying something that's worth the extra expense.
Definitely get the PRS man. They are awesome guitars! You won't regret it.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by Dirk Gently

Agreed.... but what about CUSTOMS???

Cause if I get a PRS, I'm getting a Custom 24, with the bird inlays and the blue matosse (sp?) flametop, and I know that's a little more than 2,000.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20