I'm looking into making actual CD-ROMs (Not CD-R) for my music, but I really have no idea how to make these, or where to get blank ones. I've tried google, and all I got was something about a machine that presses holes into the CDs. Does anyone here know how to make these CDs?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_disc

Actual CD Roms are pressed by a machine. The machine costs over $200,000.00 USD without any computers to control it.

Most bands will pay to have someone burn the disks and then place a "printed cover" or an etched picture on the disks. They're still CD-R's, but they look more professional. Almost like they were pressed by an actual label... say Sony Music for an example, but their isn't any music company's label on the disks.

To have an actual CD-Rom pressed, you'll need to have at least a 50,000 set run (50,000 copies) or they wont even consider doing it. There's no profit in it if they do any less.

Here's someone that will do probably 100 copies for you, but I can't quote a price. You'll have to ask them.

http://www.marcan.com/cd-duplication.cfm
Alright, I guess that idea of making my own CDs are gone... I guess I'll need some better stuff recorded! Thanks!
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
it's your lucky day. I actually run one of those machines your talking about.It is not something you can go buy at guitar center and hook to your computer.
What happens is you have a metal disc that has the information etched into it, which is sort of like a photo negative. the cd starts out as small plastic pellets, that are heated and pressed up against this "stamper" under high pressure. then the disc is taken to a vacum chamber and has aluminum applied, this is what reflects the laser in your cd player. it will then move to a QC scanner and checked for errors. and be either good or bad.
Our minimum qty is 1000pcs. i'm not sure if you would be looking for that amount or not.You also have stamper set up charges and such to replicate your project.
if not ,your option would be to find someone that duplicates cd's, we do that also, the quantities for that type of work are smaller between 50 and 100 pcs, and requires no special setup to make along with a quicker turnaround time.
maybe one day i'll take some pix and put them on here someplace
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?