So yesterday I bought a seymour duncan bridge JB replacement for my weak epiphone sg bridge pickup (I'll replace the neck once I get more money). My question is whether or not to have my dad intall it or take it to a professional. This is my first time replacing a pickup but my dad it pretty competent at sautering (sp?). Do you think he'll be able to do the job well just following the instructions?
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
If he can solder well, it shouldn't be a problem. Its a pretty straight forward deal. I recently replaced both of mine with a JB and a Jazz pickup, SH2 SH2N. The instructions are good. Just remember to set the pickup height per the instructions. The change will be well worth it. You'll think you bought a new guitar. Good luck.
Do you mean soldering? It's pretty easy.. All he has to do is Remove the old pickup, 2 wires i think. Solder the new pickup's black wire to the middle terminal on the bridge's volume, where the old one was, but leave the wire from the tone there.
Solder the green and bare wires to the case of the pot. And twist/solder the red and white wires together and tape them off. Easy as that.
These go to eleven...
i just installed a bridge pickup on my fender stratocaster today =D
i have soldered some sort of electronics like once or twice in my life... but i did it alright. i guess if ur dad follows the directions then its pretty simple...
alright I guess i'll let him do it. haha, yeah I don't know what I was talking about (sautering, wtf?). Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
Quote by sheratonplyr369
alright I guess i'll let him do it. haha, yeah I don't know what I was talking about (sautering, wtf?). Thanks for the help guys.
It's Seymour Duncan on the "how to install pickups" vids. That's how he says it lol.
These go to eleven...