I've heard its possible to put a tremolo bar onto a Les Paul guitar. I was wondering how this is possible, and do you think it'd be worth the change?
no...dont....theyre meant to be tune-o, so i wouldnt bother....ive seen one custom one with an FR, and it did look rally cool, but then you might as well have the guitar custom made, and have it there when its supposed to be...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
theres some thing called a stets bar or something like that which is an add on to the tune o matic i think. google it
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
bigsby (sp?)
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
not bigsby, they more for tremolo efects, like you get on a pedal, stetsbar are ok, but i still go with what i said before
--
i saw one with a floyd rose but i looked out of place and cost a ****load to install cuzz of the re routing
my buddy has one with one of those bigsby tremelos

http://www.tommysguitars.com/images/218.jpg

in my opinion only these kind of tremolos look good plus they just replace the tail piece and bridge so theres little or no excess drilling or routing
yeah, but theyre pretty useless, you might as well not have one at all, except to emulate slide guitar....which many people so, and to get a trem effect
--
i just want a tremolo period, i didnt really know much about the strats and les pauls till i actually purchased it. and i dont feel like purchasing another guitar at the moment.
im looking at the stresbar, their stuff doesnt look all that complicated with the stop tail.
ESP have a couple of sig guitars that are Eclipse's and have floyd roses. otherwise you could do those aforementioned bridges or a Kahler (less routing required) or go all out and get a floyd installed on it
ive seen some LP's with tremelo arms and they look like guitars from the 20's, they look so ugly I wouldnt want one,

but I dont think you should PUT one on there
How good are stetsbar anyway? What's their range?

Well you'd have to rout quite a chunk of your guitar to install FR.

I don't like bigsby at all, they are ugly and their range is small too.

You'd still have to rout for a Kahler, but less work.
neil shaun and joe perry both use les pauls with tremolos...among others of course.

so its def. feaseable.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
http://www.allparts.com/categories.php?cat_id=419&cat_name=TREMOLO%20TAILPIECES

the 2nd one on the page, No extra Work to install,

Oh yeah And kahler Has a surface Mount model, Just screw it on(no routing)
Last edited by Spade1 at Jul 30, 2006,
Rondo music has some Agile LP's that have all sorts of trems on them. They have a nice one with a FR for about $280...aka less than it would cost you to have someone put a good trem on your guitar now.

And it's always good to have a backup.

Here are the links;

CSB or White with bigsby:
http://www.rondomusic.net/product682.html

Black or White with Floyd Rose:
http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Wouldn't that rob a Les Paul of one of it's best features? Sustain?

A tiny amount. It does change the tone, and the feel (makes it a bit lighter toned)

But.. sexy beast...

I've heard good things about the stets bar, and the best part is that you don't have to drill any holes into your guitar, so if you want to get rid of it later on, you won't have any problems. The only downside is that they are pretty expensive, but if you really wanted a tremelo bar (kinda useless in my opinion) then you could check them out.
No one seen "Old Black?"
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
kirk hammett has a 'paul with whammy bar
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by tard on tour

It's alder or maple though. It only looks like an LP. It sounds really bright.
Quote by tard on tour

yeah um thats an ESP.. it makes more sense to put a floyd on an esp..

les pauls (Gibson, Epi, etc.) arent really made to have a floyd or other whammy on them.. you can put one on if u really want to, but its not really made for that. some of the earliest Les Pauls were fitted with Bigsby tremolos, but i dont believe Gibson does that anymore unless you order it custom. i wouldnt put a whammy on an LP though...

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
wud any1 recommend the stets bar or are there other better 1s on the market for a les paul (not a floyd rose)

Ohhhh my guitar is sexy
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by ssguitar
bigsby (sp?)

Bingo..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett