First off, like to say you've guys been great and very helpful... many thanks to you all!

I purchased the SM57 brand new off ebay for $34.00 USD, but the plastic top spins and appears loose... not sure if this is right.

Anyhow my question is how can I get a pop filter on it... I was leaning towards the SM58 but I got a killer deal on the SM57

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Moved from "Music Talk"
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
I bought a brand new one, and my top spins. If it's broke, mine came that way too. I thought it was odd myself, but it doesn't seem to affect the mic. I don't know about a pop filter though, not really sure what that is.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Just buy a pop screen and attach it to the mic stand. Should run you like 15-20.00 to buy, or you can probably make one for like 5.00. I know you can buy screens for the SM57 but buying a pop screen is much more practical and can be put in front of any mic. Also it keeps the singer away from the mic.
I thought about somehow attaching a metal grill filter to the mic . using electrical tape

The plastic that spins makes click/tap/wiggle noises if the mic is shaken during recording... it's annoying (super glue)
"
-Maynard

| |
Thinking about selling it for the SM58
"
-Maynard

| |
the top is supposed to spin. you dont really need a pop filter. it helps gets rid of sharp B and P volume spikes i guess you could call it when you are talking into it. its not really necessary for a live vocal mic though. like i said in your other thread ive been using them as my vocal mics and they work perfectly. you wouldnt be able to hear a difference between them and a sm58 as i think its pop filter is more of a windscreen than anything else.

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--Pop-Filters-and-Windscreens--2830