Alright so I went to a AVA/tbs concert my friend invited me to go to (don't flame) and at the very end the lead singer of TBS came back out with a acoustic and one of those harmonica things that go around your neck so you can play it at the same time.

Well he played and sang of course and now and then he'd suddenly start playing the harmonica and the notes would match the notes of the lyrics (pretty sure anyhow) and wanted to know how I could start trying myself.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Well figure out what note you're singing, and then play that note on the harmonica. Simple really.
Well yeah but I remember looking at this musiciansfriend catalogue and they had harmonica's of course but you had to chose between several notes and I didn't quite understand why. . .(My GUESS is that they stand for the notes they start on. . .)
Quote by musiclover2399
Well yeah but I remember looking at this musiciansfriend catalogue and they had harmonica's of course but you had to chose between several notes and I didn't quite understand why. . .(My GUESS is that they stand for the notes they start on. . .)

You get different harmonicas for different key signatures. So, a harmonica in C, would be as follows:

Blow: C - E - G - C - E - G - C - E - G - C
Draw: D - G - B - D - F - A - B - D - F - A 

So, if your song was in C Major (or A minor) then you'd figure out which notes you were singing, and play that same note on the harmonica. And obviously if your song is in F Major or G Major etc. then you'll need a harmonica in F and G and so on.