I already know playing an eletric guitar through a bass amp is perfectly fine (pretty cool too) But i was wondering if i could plug in my electric guitar amp to my bass amp and play it through that. My pratice amp is an epiphone one which is really ****ty and from like 5 years ago, the bass amp is a crate and its bad ass. the eleltric amp doesn't have any mmmpf sometimes but has distortion unlike the bass amp. So i was wondering if it was possible.. also is it going to mess anything up if i get a distortion pedal and use it with the bass amp ( i doubt it, but just wondering)

i know its weird to ask this stuff, but im a college student and can't get the mommy and daddy to buy me stuff like i use to. Just making do with what i have, which is perfectly rock n roll.
if the guitar amp has a line out or whatever the jack hook up is called, put a line from that, into the input of the bass amp
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well you can't run the guitar amps output into the bass amps input, it will fry it. If the guitar amp has a line out (it's an epiphone, so i'm guessing it doesn't) then you can run the line out into the other amps input.

Running a distortion on your bass amp won't hurt anything, I use an overdrive pedal on my bass amp all the time. That's all I can think of to do.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
^what? you just repeated the exact same thing i said?
guitar----->distortion pedal---->guitar amp----> line out---->bass amp input
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
i've known how to do it, I put the output of the electric amp into the the input of the bass amp.. no brainer. I was just wondering if it will cause any damage and if any of you all frequently do it.
nope i really dont see how any damage would occur.
its just using the guitar amp as a head for the bass amp almost
if u attached the bass amp to guitar amp in the opposite order, then the guitar amp might get damaged....i think.....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules