I decided to get a jackson warrior and use my extra money to get new pick ups. I am having a EMG 81 at the bridge and later on getting another pick up for the neck. I dont want another emg for the neck i want something different, you know change it up a little. Every one with emgs got 2 emgs..

I was thinking of something cheaper then a emg 85 or 60.

Is there any good solution?
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Well, the EMG's are active so you'll have to get another active pickup since active and passive pickups don't work well together, and I don't know of any other actives than the EMG's.
Its not the best idea to mix active and passive pickups. EMGs have a quick connect system where you just clip 2 pups together and no soldering, it would be tough.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by _Idiotbox_
Well, the EMG's are active so you'll have to get another active pickup since active and passive pickups don't work well together, and I don't know of any other actives than the EMG's.

My buddy's got a Dean with an active in the bridge and a passive in the neck, and I like his sound more than mine.

How about an SD Jazz, DiMarzio Air Norton, Evo? They're all goodies
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
yeah i was looking at air nortons and duncan invaders..
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Quote by _Idiotbox_

dave mustains pick ups are active and he got duncans. they look like emgs though
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
evos are cool

i dont want to use the same pickups as herman lee.
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire

its not like ur gonna be called a fanboy if u use pickup that someone else uses.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Andrewsonfire

Wow. You're one of those people arent you? Trying to be so unposer that you are just a poser in your own right. Get 2 EMGS.

Passives and actives do work together (one of the Judas Priest signature guitars has it) but, it requires alot of wiring knowledge, and quite a bit of work with different pots, and wiring schemes, plus you have to work around the Battery pack.