Hey everyone, I would just like your opinion of my first acoustic piece, utilising techniques used by the likes of Preston Reed, Kaki King, Justin King, Michael Hedges etc.

I'd also wonder if you could advise me on other artists who play this acoustic style.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wZPrehFiMHE
It's really cool in my opinion, I really want to learn to play like that, Justin King and Preston Reed are two of my favourite acoustic players.

How did you start learning it? And how low's your action for playing touch style?
Wow man, you're great! thats true skill, not shredding, that takes years to perfect. How long have you been playing?
Thank you. For me I learned thanks to Preston Reeds "Expanding the Realm of Acoustic Playing" dvd and generally just expermenting in the style rather than learning pieces. I've been tapping on bass for a couple of years now and it makes guitar tapping relatively easy in comparison so that helped a lot. I've only been playing in this style for about 3 months or so.

As for my action it isn't very low, not high but not too low either. I use a set of Elixirs .12 gauge.
Last edited by katana_manatee at Jul 29, 2006,
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Wow man, you're great! thats true skill, not shredding, that takes years to perfect. How long have you been playing?

Cheers dude.

I've been playing guitar on and off for about three and a half years, but I've been playing bass for about five. I do a lot of tapping on bass and have done for a couple of years and that helped me adapt to the style quickly on acoustic since bass tapping is far more physically draining.

But I've only started playing like this on acoustic a few months ago.
Cool man, yeah I think I'll be looking for that dvd, or one of similar stature. I love this style of guitar.

And yas, another glesga-head! (didn't notice) Just makes this video even better.
Ha ha sweet man, whereabouts you from? Liking the olly off of the dynamic earthc steps, that requires insane ankle strength.
Wow that was awsume! man.
The Below Statement Is false
The Above Statement Is True
Very nice. I'm lucky enough to have seen kaki king play live a few years ago and her music really illuminated the rhythmic potential of the guitar to me. Makes me wish I never sold my acoustic...