Ok I have an Epiphone Flying V, so not so good for lead. Is there a cheapish around 300 quid guitar you recommend like maybe a les paul? I dont want any metalish guitars since I dont really like them. Thanks
Quote by emil_sej
What is an emo?

Original Loser Of The Official RATM Fan Club
Dont they only have 21 frets though?
Quote by emil_sej
What is an emo?

a lot in rage songs lol
Quote by emil_sej
What is an emo?

and id love a 3 way switching for the morello killswitch method but the fat strat seems ace. How come its so cheap?
Quote by emil_sej
What is an emo?

What's not lead about a Flying V? I can think of several great lead guitarists who play a V, Rhoads, Laiho for example.

Instead of buying a new axe how about new pickups? 300 quid would get you a set of Bareknuckles...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
cos my guitar is just ****ed up lol and i want a new one anyway. 300 is a bit much pickups lol i was thinking more like 70 quid!
Quote by emil_sej
What is an emo?

Quote by Mudder
What's not lead about a Flying V? I can think of several great lead guitarists who play a V, Rhoads, Laiho for example.

Instead of buying a new axe how about new pickups? 300 quid would get you a set of Bareknuckles...

Rhoads and Laiho played/play (respectively) Jackson RR (RR - see - Randy Rhoads) models, which are kinda V shaped, but aren't actually Gibson/Epiphone Flying V models...
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
I love the V's for lead playing, only reason i don't own one is because they are a pain to have to sit down and play with, great for performance guitars