I've found a fender telecaster where I was working, the guy wants to sell it to me but I'd like to know if it's a mexican, american or japanese. Is there a way to know it, I got the serial number but can't find it on the fender website it's CN301500.
I always tought that if it was mexican the serial number would start with an M (or it owuld say made in mexico on it.)
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
It should say on the headsotck, right under the fender name.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
its a korean made fender/squire product according to the site
Right here...
and its about all the way at the bottom of the page almost
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Last edited by benEboy2008 at Jul 29, 2006,
what kind of tele is it??
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
thin line, standard, maybe if you had a picture?
my friend has a 72 tele thinline replica, natural, with the humbuckers, and it was made in korea, im not surehow much he got it for though

Here! is a picture of it
Quote by CORT noob
Last edited by benEboy2008 at Jul 29, 2006,
According to the serial number it is a Korean made Fender/Squier. It even looks like it says squier on the headstock. If it does say Squier on the headstock then it only costs around 200$ new. If it is a Fender then it is around 500-600 new, last time I checked.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
It's a fender, I'm the one who took the pic. So I'll buy it, repair what's broken(20-30$) and then sand it off to have a natural finish cuz I hate the black tele look
usually tele standards go for less than that i think, like around 350-450
but i could be wrong too, i know i got my mim strat for around that and theres not alot different between that and the standard tele
Quote by CORT noob
Ok well thx everyone, I'll try to make it nice and maybe post some pics when I'm done remaking it(I got it for 200$ canadian) which is good I think if I compare to what you said
if its made in korea id give him like no more than $250. $200 if possible

edit: o damn dude $200 CAD is like what $150 american? thats a pretty good deal dude
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Yeah that's what I was thinking, just like 20 to 30$ dollars to change the pots and jack and it should be good