My humbucker is going old and not working properly. I need a new one. I dont know what kind to get. I play lots of metalcore stuff and would like something that would improve my sound in that style. I was think of the Seymore Duncan "Invader" but i dont know what it sounds like...it just looks cool

plz help

thx
the invader is a nice pick up... i have it in a delonge strat and sounds pretty sweet.. bright and crunchy.... anyways i recomend it!!!

i also have the dirty fingers thats my favorite but im sure youd like the invader better... the dirty fingers has a much nicer clean tone.
Go to SD's website and you can listen to all the pick ups.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
What the **** is metalcore?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
the invader sounds like sh1t. that's why it has to look cool (which i debate, it looks retarded).

what tones are you after, and what's your budget? what guitar is it, and what amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the invader sounds like sh1t. that's why it has to look cool (which i debate, it looks retarded).

what tones are you after, and what's your budget? what guitar is it, and what amp do you have?

tone i wish for: Crunchy/chunky rhythm

budget: 280$ (if its more then that its not worth buying)

guitar: Yamaha Pacifica (cheap and reliable)

amp: Line 6 Spider 30W
^ if you have $280 for one pickup, you can basically get anything. though you might be better saving that money towards a new amp. I'd look into www.highorderpickups.com - pretty cheap, since your pickup is broken, but amp is the major thing you need to save for. Haven't tried them, by the way, but I hear good things.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ an added bonus is that they're pretty much custom wound- you tell him the tones you're after, and he'll wind you a pickup for it.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?