Okay i'm getting another guitar because i want to. heh.

Right now i've got a Gibson Explorer Gothic + Ibanez JEM

I'm looking at some guitars and i'm always going gaga over the Scheceter C Hellraiser. Here's the thing...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Floyd Rose - $800
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Hardtail - $700
Custom Carvin - $1500

The thing is i've been thinking about getting a 7-string for some time to play some heavier stuff and things like certain Vai/Striani/Dream Theater/Lacuna Coil/Nevermore songs. But i've always heard from people that buying a 7 string isn't really a good investment and it just sort of sits there after you buy it. Then there's the hellraiser floyd rose which would be a great metal guitar with the EMG's, and will my first active pickup guitar actually.

Then there's the Carvin, on the one hand if I save up I can get a custom guitar with the colors/woods/etc that I like. But then it comes with carvin pups in it, and it probably wouldn't exactly be a "metal" guitar but more of a hybrid dealy like my JEM.

If you need this info
Music: Mostly Metal + Neo-Classical Guitar
AMP: Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Head, Marshall 2x12 Cabnit.
Gear: Line 6 PODXTL
well, the JEM is a very versitile guitar, but i would go with the carvin. you have 2 great guitars, and carvins are the ****, absolutely amazing (damn uncle has a CT6 in quilted red ) plus the carvin is custom

thats my opinion, i've wanted a carvin for so long, but i keep putting it off
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
You have a JEM and you're still not happy...sigh, ppl these days. Anyways, if you're looking for new experience then i'd suggest getting a 7-string, but if you dont think another string would be necessary then dont. Personally i'd get an LTD MH-400 coz its cheaper and i like the painjobs. The neck on those also feels just right, thin almost like the Wizard II neck.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Dude, the only guitar that can best the guitars you already have is the Carvin.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

The Carvin.

The schecters can't compare. Especially to what you already have.
Jackson DXMG- upgraded pups 81 85 emg set
Schecter Omen 6
XXX 60w Tube Combo
Digitech GNX3
Boss MD-2
Quote by Calvero
Dude, the only guitar that can best the guitars you already have is the Carvin.

I didn't say I wasn't happy.

Since when do you have to be not happy with your guitars to get another?
Okay i'm going to save up for the Carvin.

It'll probably be a DC400 in sapphire blue quilted maple , 24 frets, gold hardware.

But does anybody have any idea how good the Carvin pickups are? There are sound bites on their website but I don't know if you can 'trust' that. Because they'd obviously get their best players on their best amps to pull off the sound etc.
Quote by Sweetbabyjezuz
I didn't say I wasn't happy.

Since when do you have to be not happy with your guitars to get another?

I never said you arent happy with youre guitars. But when people buy new guitars they should try to get a better one right?
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by Sweetbabyjezuz
Okay i'm going to save up for the Carvin.

It'll probably be a DC400 in sapphire blue quilted maple , 24 frets, gold hardware.

But does anybody have any idea how good the Carvin pickups are? There are sound bites on their website but I don't know if you can 'trust' that. Because they'd obviously get their best players on their best amps to pull off the sound etc.

My uncle's CT6 is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LOOKING AND SOUNDING GUITAR I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF PLAYING!!!

those pickups on the CT6 are awesome. but, i can't say on the DC400 though....
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by Calvero
I never said you arent happy with youre guitars. But when people buy new guitars they should try to get a better one right?

Not you :p the guy above you pickinme03 or whatever. "You have a JEM and you're still not happy...sigh, ppl these days."

Quote by Dunlopguy
those pickups on the CT6 are awesome. but, i can't say on the DC400 though.

Really? Good. Because the pickups are the same on the CT6 and the DC400/400A