I was wondering what everyone thought about the new Fear Before material from their upcoming third cd "The Always Open Mouth".

A lot of people have been giving them crap for not sticking to their original sound, but I personally think the songs I have heard are pretty good, and a move forward by the band musically. They are taking a big risk instead of making another decent hardcore album, but I respect them for making a tough choice by changing their sound a bit.
ill be intersted to hear the enw cd when it comes out, although 15 songs seems like a lot for one album...but yeah i like what ive heard
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
I saw them last night and I liked the new songs they played.

I'm going to see them on Thursday in Charlotte. I've never seen them before live and I'm pretty pumped.
i heard the anthony green was on the new record anyone know if this is true or bs

can't wait for the new record by the way
My friends saw them when they came to NY a while back with #12 and HHLL. They played their new songs and only their new songs, which, from what I've heard, are a big change from their old material.

...I prefer their old songs myself, although I don't hate the new ones.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
i don't think its leaked yet

but i just learned that fear before is coming to town with btbam i am so exicted
I'll probably download it for old times sake.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I really really really really really really really need Taking Cassandra. I want that track so bad.

If anyone has it would they be so kind as to give it to me please please please?

Please?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Ant DOES guest on at least 1 song on the record. Some have said even two or more.
I play guitar
the new stuff i have heard is fvcking amazing, don't get me wrong, i love the older stuff as well, but this change in their sound to me is amazing and i haven't really heard anything like it from anyone else. i can't wait for the new stuff! ahhh
yes m'am
there new cd is gonna be ****ing amazing

ive already ordered tickets for the show in seattle when they come to the premier

im ****ing pumped
The always open mouth is fear before?

i thought it was mewithoutyou?

haha, i really like the stuff ive heard so far but it has a strange resemblance to mewithyou on alot of parts, but still awesome.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
the album as leaked

i tried to get it but it didn't work but i am trying again

It worked Yay
Last edited by frd_marshll at Sep 13, 2006,
Quote by frd_marshll
the album as leaked

i tried to get it but it didn't work but i am trying again

It worked Yay

Can you PM me it or the link please?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Ugh, the new CD is pretty crap to be honest, and Im a huge fan of FBTMOF. Almost all of the songs sound the same. I couldnt even get through the entire album because I was so disappointed. I very much prefer the older stuff.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
nah i actually really like this new cd, its different thats for sure but I love it.

the song "my (****ing) deer hunter" is insanly good, im almost positive thats anthony singing on that song, its sooooooooooooooooooooo good.
I'm downloading it right now.

Sooooooo excited.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by stratstrummer40
nah i actually really like this new cd, its different thats for sure but I love it.

the song "my (****ing) deer hunter" is insanly good, im almost positive thats anthony singing on that song, its sooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Yeah that's one of the best songs on the new album. I also like Taking Cassandra to the End of the World Party.

And to answer StuartR's question, they added a lot of electronic effects, Radiohead influences, less screaming.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
odd how people shake is probably always going to be my favorite album by them
Forget about it....
Quote by ObscuredByLight
odd how people shake is probably always going to be my favorite album by them

Same here. I was kinda dissapointed with the new cd, its really good I just had high expectations. I was hoping Anthony Green would have more of a part also. Very original sound though. I cant get "Mouth" out of my head, catchy song.
The new CD is good, but it seems as though they're straying away from the hardcore sounds. It's kind of like a CD for people who don't know what hardcore is, and want to sample it.
Quote by dougiecrystals

So yeah, umm, do I dare say this is their best album?

It depends on how you look at it.

If you want just insane hardcore fun, no. But lyrically, technically, and originality/progression-wise, yes.

I think it's incredible.

I think most people wont give it a chance.
I play guitar