I've gotten into "Big Log" quite a bit recently, and I heard it last night playing loudly over the speakers at Valleyfair, and kind of got inspired to learn it today. I basically just recorded this 30 second or so sample to see if the tone was good or not. This is also the first instance where I used my little brother's keyboard; so I was kind of wondering how that tone was, too.
Eventually, I may get the whole thing recorded (once I find my bro's microphone, then we'll be in business; whether me singing would be good or bad, we'll see ).
And, as usual, this was done on the high-tech Windows Sound Recorder. But surprisingly, the keyboard & guitar takes sync up almost perfectly; a Seth (and Sound Recorder) first.
Sorry to keep you reading like that; just wanted to deliver some back story. Just letting you know that this is a test sample, and any crits on tone, playing or otherwise is, as usual, quite welcome.
Big Log Sample
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm......................ok?

Plant would be rolling in his grave.......if he were dead.
Quote by davedoom
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm......................ok?

Plant would be rolling in his grave.......if he were dead.

Seriously? You think that? Or did you just not wait to get past the first few seconds of silence? Because I think I should add that there's about 5 seconds or so of nothing at the beginning.
But if that's not the case for you, then... seriously?
It was ok. The tone wasn't great, but decent enough. And don't mind the first guy he's just being a dick.
Quote by SethMegadefan
I've gotten into "Big Log" quite a bit recently, and I heard it last night playing loudly over the speakers at Valleyfair, and kind of got inspired to learn it today. I basically just recorded this 30 second or so sample to see if the tone was good or not. This is also the first instance where I used my little brother's keyboard; so I was kind of wondering how that tone was, too.
Eventually, I may get the whole thing recorded (once I find my bro's microphone, then we'll be in business; whether me singing would be good or bad, we'll see ).
And, as usual, this was done on the high-tech Windows Sound Recorder. But surprisingly, the keyboard & guitar takes sync up almost perfectly; a Seth (and Sound Recorder) first.
Sorry to keep you reading like that; just wanted to deliver some back story. Just letting you know that this is a test sample, and any crits on tone, playing or otherwise is, as usual, quite welcome.
Big Log Sample

that was pretty awesome, it sounded great. I know for damn sure i couldn't do that.
Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join