I have the ash body for my tele, and I am accumulating the rest of the parts, but I think I am going to need help attaching the bridge and neck. the body is not drilled for it yet. is there a way of doing it or do I need a diagram of some sort?
Fender blues deluxe and an Epiphone Les paul

Quote by utsapp89
Volume=Emotion.
Bolt on the neck. Measure from the inside of the nut to the 12th fret. Double that, and take that measurement and use it to position your bridge (from the inside of the nut to the bridge saddles. Make sure you leave room for intonation!).

Chris

BTW if the neck pocket is not drilled yet, just attatch the neck and make sure it's snug, put on the neck plate, mark the holes and drill. Don't drill too deep
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at Jul 29, 2006,
Damn it AlGeeEater. You beat me to this one...lol damn you... just kidding

But yeah listen to AlGeeEater, hes got this covered.
Adjust the high E saddle as far forward as it will go, and then move it back around 1/16" (or more). Make sure you can see the hole in the trem through the saddle too. Then use the high E as your reference to measure, make sure everything is square and good and drill! Keep in mind the strings length can never be shorter than the scale length, but it can be longer.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
where should I be seeing a hole in the trem?

the neck goes all the way to the front of the neck pocket?
Fender blues deluxe and an Epiphone Les paul

Quote by utsapp89
Volume=Emotion.