Well, I've been playing this guitar for 10 years now, and it's falling apart. It was a hunk of junk when I bought it and it's finally hit the very end of it's days. In fact, it's pretty much in pieces.

I'm in bad need of an upgrade. My amp will last me a while longer, but my guitar is barely playable. So I've decided to ask you guitar-wise people what a good upgrade choice would be. In my dreams, I want a Gretsch Falcon. I played one at my local music store and it's pure sex.

In reality, I'm looking at something that's 800-1200 dollars canadian. Problem is, I don't really restrict myself to one style, so I need something that sounds good in general.

Ideas?
If it wasn't for date rape I'd never get laid.
Last edited by FrenchandToasty at Jul 29, 2006,
i'd go for an epiphone les paul they have the biggest range for music and you can get a really good one for about 300-500 US Dollars
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
Quote by supersolus666
i'd go for an epiphone les paul they have the biggest range for music and you can get a really good one for about 300-500 US Dollars

his range is 800 to 1200 not 300 to500. look at strats or even some sg's are 1100 don't get an epiphone if u have that much
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
you might be able to find a used gibson les paul standard for that price somewhere... it would be hard though. also look into the ltd ec 1000 series, theyre a more metal looking les paul shape, sound great though, they have models with emgs and seymour duncans

edit: not all epiphones are cheap, you can look into high and epiphones too, you might like them. like elitist epiphones.
Sheraton II's are intense, but if you're determined to spend your entire budget, try a Steinberger Synapse.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Gretsch Falcon, geez who doesn't want one? Sweet guitars.

Consider the Epi 135 style if you like that sort of hollow body.
Another option would be a semi hollow like a thinline tele with humbuckers.
Perhaps a custom from Carvin?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by redsox193
did you play that 150 dollar guitar for 10 years?

Yeah. It's pretty much gone. My fretboard has huge divets in it where I hit my fingers.

Anyhoo, I've started to browse my local music store and they have a lot of nice Gibsons. It's pretty late though, so I'll look more tomorrow.
If it wasn't for date rape I'd never get laid.