I need some songs that have moving bass parts. I already know Flea is great, I just need some other bands where the bass actually does something.
(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth by cliff burton (Metallica). its a bass solo for god sakes. whats better than that.
"Hide the crack!" said the dealer...to which the junkie replied, "I eat the talking bees because I'm George Washington Christ"
also nething by victor wooten. im not sure if thats how to spell it but whatever. he is god.
"Hide the crack!" said the dealer...to which the junkie replied, "I eat the talking bees because I'm George Washington Christ"
look into Mudvayne...anything from the LD50 album would be good...you can ask me for more specifics if you want..

try Incubus as well, stuff from the SCIENCE and Fungus Amongous albums...

You can look into some Tool songs as well...Namely "Schism", "Forty Six and 2", "the Pot" to start you off...

Some greenday stuff is pretty cool too, like "Longview" and "When I Come Around"

I'll put some more later.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Victor Wootens really difficult by the way. Don't kill me for this, butt mutt and carousel by blink-182 have got ok bits in them (prepares to die). How could you forget rage against the machine? Thayve got great bass in their songs!
try learning stuff like groove is in the heart and superstition by stevie wonder, both awesomely cool bass lines
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
The Real Me - The Who
Originally Posted by bassmanjoe08
back in '76 i pried the frets off of jaco pastorius's bass hoping he wouldnt play as good.................damn did that backfire
Yea man, The Real Me is really fun on bass. Learn the My Generation solo by The Who. Play some Jazz standards. Jazz has some awesome walking bass that's INCREDIBLY fun to play if you can pull it off.
Led Zeppelin had sweet basslines.

And if you like Flea, check out Parliament/ Funkadelic recordings.

I also recommend Muse.