I am left handed and looking at getting a Schecter.

I want this guitar to be for metal, shred, and hard rock....in that order.

The two I am looking at are the C-1 Elite and the C-1 Hellraiser. Can somebody tell me which would be better? The Elite has Duncan Designed HB-102 and the Hellraiser has EMG active 81 / 85 which would be better for a nice metal sound?

Another thing is that the Elite only has an Inlay at the 12th fret, although this looks really cool, would this affect my playing? Wouldnt it be harder to find your way around just knowing which one is the 12th fret?

Thanks.
I believe the EMG's will suit your metal needs a little better.

And even though theres only an inlay on the 12th fret, there are still dots on the side of the fretboard. You'll just have to get used to looking at the side of the fretboard instead of the front to find your way around it.
OK so the EMGs are better, I really want that white Elite, but only the black is available left handed.

Pinch harmonics would be great on the Hellraiser Im assuming?

I dunno I really like the Binding that the Elite has on the black and especially the white model. Damn lefties
Last edited by AC/zeppelin/DC at Jul 29, 2006,
If you're good at them, pinch harmonics will sound good on any decent guitar.

But yes the EMG's will help.
I'm pretty sure the inlay on the 12th fret of the hellraiser is also larger than the other inlays, I may be wrong but regardless it shows on the side.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
If you want a metal tone then you're gonna want to get the Hellraiser.

...and yes the 12th fret inlays are a bit bigger.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Ok....but i really like the binding in the C-1 Elite....the Hellraiser doesnt have the binding but it still looks sweet.

The hellraiser is a little more $, would it be maybe worth it to buy the Elite and swap out the pickups for Invaders? Would Invaders give me a better Avenged Sevenfold and metal tone than the EMGs?

And Im sorry, my mistake, the Hellraiser has the inlays all down the neck, its the Elite that only has the 12th fret inlay.
Having an inlay only on the 12th fret makes it very easy to find the 12th fret. You shouldn't get a guitar because of the binding, plus the binding on the Hellraiser looks nicer, IMO.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
biggest thing you should be worried about is not the binding, but the amp you have because that'll determine whether or not you get the sound you want. if you have a high-gain tube amp, get the hellraiser. if not, get the elite and swap out pickups because unless you have a tube amp, then emgs kinda suck.

I personally think the binding on the White and Black Elite look nicer.

But if the inlay is only on the 12th fret then wouldnt it be hard to pick out the 6th fret instead of the 5th or 7th when your used to having inlays on the 5th and 7th?

And I have a Vox Valvetronix 30 Watt amp....probably around Christmas Ill be getting a tube combo of some sort, maybe even a 5150 if Im lucky.
Well there are inlays on the side of the kneck all the way up anyways, so it makes no difference. It might be a bit weird the first time you play it but trust me you get used to it no problem.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Sweet, Ill probably get used to it after a bit.

Whoever said that pinch harmonics sound good on any guitar, they would have to be better on the Elite or Hellraiser than on my Epi Les Paul 100 correct?? :0
Quote by CustomCustom
eh get an Ibanez RG1570 or S2170 that schek neck aint all that.

why, in the hell, should he base his choice around the neck?..hmm? how do you know what kind of necks he likes? maybe he prefers a thicker neck to a thinner neck...god forbid someone actually like the neck on a schecter
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
why, in the hell, should he base his choice around the neck?..hmm? how do you know what kind of necks he likes? maybe he prefers a thicker neck to a thinner neck...god forbid someone actually like the neck on a schecter

yeah like synyster gates and his super fluid live concert solo technique even synyster would sound better on a wizard neck
that whole thin neck makes you faster theory is BS, if buckethead can shred on a les paul then thats absolute proof, neck thickness is preference...and if you've seen any post ive ever put up, youd see that i said that solo sucked compared to solos from other guitarists... so stop assuming that every fan of synyster is all "OMG that solo is the f*cking sh!t"
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Jul 30, 2006,
to someone with average hands it makes all the difference. buckethead is an above average sized person with lanky Howard Stern looking hands. And a 60s LP slim taper neck seems a bit thinner all around than a set neck C1 styled schecter also.
exactly...my whole point is its preference and hand size...my hands are kinda big compared to other people my age, so i prefer the hellraisers neck size to the wizard necks, they might work for other people but im just uncomfortable with them. i was just trying to make my point that everyone is gonna prefer a certain neck over others, and its not always gonna be a thinner one, and i just get tired of people (not necessarily you) saying that you have to have a thin neck to be fast
Go get your shovel.