I have an epiphone les paul black beauty and want to upgrade the pickups please tell me which to put in each position (neck, middle and bridge) i play metal and rock thanks
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Could you be more specific than Rock And Metal? Some bands In Particular?

Also do you have a price range?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
bands: Trivium A7X Led Zeppelin Cream Metallica Thin Lizzy etc
price range: no more than £200 for all
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Well bands like Trivium, A7X and Metallica all use a lot of distortion while Led Zeppelin, Cream And Thin Lizzy wouldn't use as much...Now that that obvious comment is out of the way, I'd look at something with a Moderate to High output for the bridge to Cover the Trivium, A7x and Metallica end of the spectrum and something in the neck that will give good cleans (Depends, how important are they to you?) And a nice classic rock distortion too. I don't know about the middle pickup, I have no idea what kinda sound that gives in a three humbucker guitar.

Maybe check out some seymour duncans, They have some high output pickups for the bridge (E.G. The Duncan Distortion, Custom, maybe the JB) that should give enough distortion for the stuff like Trivium, A7X And Metallica. Then look at something with less output (E.G. Jazz, Pearly Gates, '58) that should give good cleans and a nice, smooth Classic Rock Overdrive.

Some other companies to check out are Bareknuckle and Swineshead (Especially if you're in the U.K.) Bareknuckles are expensive but they're supposed to make exceptionally good pickups.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
ive got jb/jazz in my ltd, theyre pretty versatile and now too low output either, i can play metal with them no problem