So during band practice we all went out to get some food. And we were talking about what people think about us, what they like and dislike. And our drummer was like, "a lot of people say we're heavy without really trying to be and they really like it i guess. they say we aren't like, heavy like metal, but like, jeff (me ) makes everything sound so much heavier. (everybody is influenced by pop-punk, punk, emo, screamo, and stuff like that, im influenced by hardcore and metal) Because of what Jeff is into and plays and what he's been influenced by he makes it sound much heavier, it's awesome." ...and everyone (bandmates) agreed.

That was probably my most proud moment as a bassists, knowing my fellow bandmates realized I'm doing what I should and how big of a difference I make.

And I was a happy little boy then.

What moment are you most proud of as a bassist?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I'd have to say when I made a bassline and my guitarist actually COMPLIMENTED me on it! I was quite excited because usually he just chucks my lines out the window (BTW in the end thats exactly what he did but still for those few minutes when he was actually willing to try it, it was one of the happiest moments of my life :tear:
I was most proud when my guitarist allowed me to write a bass intro. Needless to say, that song is our crowd favorite.

Or at band practice when my guitarist and drummer just break out into something, and I improvise like them but it sounds good. It's hard sometimes to not be the leading instrument in the band =/
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
I made a new band/side project (This is still in its infancy) that is a groove metal/hard rock kinda band and I'm pretty much the leader. Our first practice was today, and both the songs that we began developmentation on were brainchildren of my own. In the first song, I am the sonic leader of it, as the the first 4 measures is just an intro by me, then the next 4 is me and the drummer, and then for the rest of the song the guitar basically follows me. It was pretty cool.
haha
I'm in a flamenco group right now called Garnada, and a few weeks back, they had to gig without me due to schedule conflicts (I was out of town).

It's flamenco music--which means the bass is not essential, but adds a lot of dramatic flair by holding the groove, playing unison parts one octave below, or playing countermelodies, or tossing in embellishments. I really wanted to play, but I couldn't. I asked them how the gig went after I returned, and they all said that they missed me a lot and that they really could have used me there to tie it all together for them.

That was a proud moment.

In contrast, I was in a band in the early '90s, where the lead guitarist decided to quit at the peak of our game--to join a higher profile band (they went nowhere). I was playing drums back then, and the remaining band members tried to make it work with just the four of us. The bassist had just gotten dumped by his girlfriend of a few years and was not in a good mood at the time. The rehearsal had an air of doom to it. The final straw was right after a particularly bad rendition of one of our tunes, the bassist took his bass off and said scornfully, "This is the saddest excuse for a band I've ever seen!"

And that was the end of that band. That was not a proud moment. We're all still friends, but we have never reunited since to play or jam.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
I play in this second band (which isn't that great, but has prospects of a record deal, and I'm filling in as their bassist for the moment). I once played a gig with them, and someone told the drummer of my main band, oh I saw this band the other day, they were ****e, except the bassist. The drummer eventually realised his friend was talking about me.

That was quite cool.
Last edited by shut_up_you_*** at Jul 30, 2006,
Quote by jaco de lucia

It's flamenco music--which means the bass is not essential, but adds a lot of dramatic flair by holding the groove, playing unison parts one octave below, or playing countermelodies, or tossing in embellishments. I really wanted to play, but I couldn't. I asked them how the gig went after I returned, and they all said that they missed me a lot and that they really could have used me there to tie it all together for them.

That was a proud moment.

I had a similar proud moment. I thought that, as the bassist of my band, it wouldn't matter all that much that I couldn't come to this one practice. But they cancelled it because of me! For once a bassist feels needed... Man, we bassists can be such emos when it comes to our places in bands.
I have two...

1. When i learned my first jaco tune.

2. My first session with a drummer and a guitarist. I was able to improvise my first bassline to a nice mellow rock tune. My drummer and guitarist were highly complimentary. There is just nothing like having other musicians tell u that your writing sounds good. Its happened a few times since then but the first has always been the best.
My proudest moment was playing live in front of about 15 people (at some crap party that we were told to play who we didnt know) in a skeleton suit. Oh yes, I lived out the dream of playing in a skeleton suit. Note to all the people who think it would be also cool to try, DON'T DO IT ON A HOT DAY!!! I had to be peeled out of my suit cos it was that sweaty and hot.

I'm also proud of the fact that I got full marks on my GCSE Music performances, of which one song I did was Portrait of Tracy. That was a rather proud moment.

My band, Special Measures, is a Indie/Rock/Pop band that has happy dueling guitars, funky drumming and Ok basslines (I'm not going to boast, their not that good!! Honest) Anyways, my band's singer, Robbie has a slight problem with me being the bass player: He dislikes everything I like!! A small glitch in the master plan but never mind, but as of lately, after annoying him with small 30 seconds of slap bass (this actually does make him very very angry, he walked out of a band practice once, he never returned that day!!) it was a few days ago that he turned around and said to me, "I know your a awesome bass player, proberly the best in this **** hole city (Hereford) but seriously, STOP PLAYING SLAP!!"

This might seem odd, but I now feel proud that my skill as a bass player has gotten to the point where it is not needed to be shown off all the time. Since then, my bass playing has improved, groove and melodical instead of playing super fast and super hard with manic slapping.
I was voted the best bass player in the school

I beat 4 other kids (not counting the band kids)
I would say my most proud moment was when I told my friend i had learned the song Force Ten by Rush a reasonably difficult song considering i had never picked up a bass guitar in my life and only had my bass less than a week... anyways my buddy didnt believe me until I had him come over and I played it without a hitch one finger plucking just like Geddy after I had finished he ran over to me and was just like omg kid you are a ****ing prodigy

My second most proud moment is when I tought myself The Chicken by Jaco
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
my proudest moments happen after showing up for "jam" night at a local blues bar. the hot dog guitar bands are playing, one after another, and i notice the crowd is not really paying attention to the bands. the pool area is loud with conversation, everybody is having a swell night out. the dance floor is sparse. then after a short pause to set up the next band, ours, we kick out our too loud, too fast punk-a-billy.
all eyes are on us, for the next 30 or 45 minutes. the pool area is empty, the dance floor is packed, and everybody at the bar has turned to see the specticle on stage.
when we capture the audience's attention, my pride factor goes off the charts. this happens very often. and when the bar owner or "jam" host invites us back. priceless.

Edit: having an excellent guitar player and, a bass player(me) that looks like he's having an epileptic seizure, while playing, helps.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Jul 31, 2006,