aight i really wasnt sure where to post this so if i should move it please tell me

i am going to sell all my stuff right now cuz i dont like my sound

i am hoping to have around $1500 canadian when all is said and done

i am looking to buy a good sounding guitar that plays nice and has a good sound for rock and blues type stuff. i am also going to need an amp that has good effects and sound, or some pedlas to go with it, im am thinking a chorus delay and distortion pedal. i need something that will give me good cleans as well as a nice distortion.

comments?
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
so how much you set aside for your amp and guitar. i would probably go with 800 amp and 700 guitar. for amps you could look at traynors, fender hot rod deluxe but you may want to have a tube change and a overdrive pedal as well. for guitar depends on if you want a floating trem or not? and what music you play
how heavy a distortion do you need- can you give us some bands? are you going to sell everything you have?

i suppose, basically, what do you have at the moment?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
right now i have a dillion something les paul copy ( got it cheap used and am having uber problems with the input) marshall mg50 dfx for an amp (bad choice i know)
i have dunlop crybaby i plan on keeping thats about it

i play mostly classic rock and blues type stuff, some modern rock and i dabble in metal

eg, cream, rush, clapton, audioslave, black label society
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

Last edited by timmEH at Jul 30, 2006,
for the amp you could probably get away with a traynor ycv50blue. I assume it comes in under budget. Buy a cheaper overdrive (boss sd1, or digitech bad monkey), and then spend the rest on a guitar (and pickups, if the stock pickups are really bad).

that's what I'd do...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey you can buy my Peavey Classic 50 for 500 US. I do not know how much that is in CND. It is a very solid amp and would leave you money to get a good guitar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
for the amp you could probably get away with a traynor ycv50blue. I assume it comes in under budget. Buy a cheaper overdrive (boss sd1, or digitech bad monkey), and then spend the rest on a guitar (and pickups, if the stock pickups are really bad).

that's what I'd do...

im in canada and Long & McQuade has the traynor for $795 which is pretty good since most stuff in canada is like the list price for you guys in the states
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Here's what you need.

1. A nice Fender or Washburn with an HSS configuration.
2. A Marshall amp.. (pick one that you can afford.)
3. Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Fuzz Pedal
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
^you wont find any tube marshalls with $800 CAD
Quote by King ofKumbucha
^sorry man it doesnt look like he'll find one of those in his range either, but he could find a classic 30 in that range
Quote by King ofKumbucha
ive been looking at the randall? g3 series i can get liek a 150 watt for 500$

good idea?
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

My classic 50 will sound better, and will be the same price. The 50 watts will sound about as loud as that randall, because it is tube. Lemme know.
^ sounds like someone is eager to sell their amp :P

i am also looking at some hughes and kettner amps...probly way out of my pricerange but we will see
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

Ya, I am quite desperate to sell it. Im not gonna lie. The tube hughes and kettner are awesome. I dunno bout their solid state stuff.
now i must ask...why so desperate??
ya man they are awesome...and wayyy outta my price range the cheapest is like 1000 dollars U.S.
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

well...i am interested but i have ot hip up my guitar store and try it out but i wont by staurday so if you sell it by then then thats cool anyways
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

oh btw the amp suggested ahs to be loud enought to play live/in a band
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

Buy a Mesa/boogie dual rectifier + a cab.

Then...

Take a used ice-cream carton and wrap 6 elastic bands around it. Jab a pencil into the side to create an orifice, then go steal a lead from some big corporate guitar complex*, jam the lead into the orifice and then into your rectifier (ha, I managed to get orifice and RECTifier into a sentance ) and viola, TONE!

* dont steal from small guitar shops, they have feelings too.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
would that actually work?

:P
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

Quote by timmEH
would that actually work?

of course? Are you questioning my methods? Do you want TONE, child?! TONE?!?!!!! Its got VALVES!!!!1111ONE!1!!!ELEVEN!*

*Actually, I really like rectifiers
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
anyways i will figure out the amp
but as far as guitars go i was wondering how much work.cost jsut buying a pawn shop pile and putting on a new neck/electronics
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

Quote by orangeacid
of course? Are you questioning my methods? Do you want TONE, child?! TONE?!?!!!! Its got VALVES!!!!1111ONE!1!!!ELEVEN!*

*Actually, I really like rectifiers

hahaha i doe question it sirs !!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!11111!!onehunderedand1!!!
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

i am thinking about a fender strat....comments?
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Pm Maet to join

They are good, its what I play mostly. Depends what kind you are looking into. Mine sounds godly with the neck+middle pickup with the classic 50. You should b uy it.
if ur in canada, you can get a fender mexi strat at long & mcquade for $500-ish. If i had $500 to buy a new guitar i would personally go with one... maybe a 3-color sunburst with maple neck... ^_^

EDIT: maybe depends where in canada, i live in vancouver and its $500 here
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile