my rosewood fretboard on my strat has a few whitish lines and spots. is this because its dry?
how can i fix it?
any kind of oil or conditioner?
and how do you apply the oil?
Use lemon oil for rosewood fretboard. Just apply a small amount to it and whip it with a clean cloth. Dont apply too much as the wood would expand. Just let a small layer of the oil stay on the fretboard and let it sit for 20 min.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Rosewoods are quite a bit of work to handle. If you're not careful, the wood can become frizzy, i'd suggest that you keep it dry and use a toothbrush to clean those spots. But if you really think that its really really dried up like old prunes, then you can use lemon oil or proper agent to it. Wipe it clean and make sure its not too much.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
how small is small amount? i cant remove the white thingys. the wood grains are showing and look like little cracks on the surface.
Hmm, got any pics? there's a slight chance that you'd need to sand it down smooth. Grains showing are normal but too much could mean that its, well, dried. Also you should keep your guitar at certain humidity and temperature, have you exposed it too long to direct sunlight? ever?

Anyways, try using lemon oil/ appropriate agent 1st, if the problem still persist, then there's another problem.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
my friend recommended lemon oil... stuff... and that seemed to work pretty well for me...

EDIT: yeah... im a little late on the lemon oil...
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
nope i dont put it under sunlight. i live in singapore, dunno whether its humid or not though compared to other countries.
Hmm, singapore huh, guess we're neighbours then . Anyways, humidity there shouldnt be a problem, what guitar issit btw? issit some cheap knockout?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by freemo
what would be used to clean maple fretboards?

regular guitar cleaner & polisher unless your fully sure that every part of your fretboard is fully lacquered then you can use lemon oil other wise guitar cleaner should do it
its a usa highway 1 strat w rosewood fretboard. i live in the east, humidity here?
madpicking which area u live at?
Last edited by suckasucks at Aug 2, 2006,
rosewood sometimes gets a white flakey color.
fretboard oil and soft toothbrush like said. a couple times a year.

even if u left it, its no big deal.
and only take off all ur strings at once, if u know how to set up ur guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hmm, i meant as neighbouring country, not in it
Thats what she said...
UGmusic