How do you hook a 9v into a pedal? or do you need some sort of adapter?

sorry n00bish, I know... but hey,.
"The Day that I die is the day that I shut my mouth and put down my guitar" - Bradley Nowell of Sublime

R.I.P- 1996
what brand of pedal?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
ultra distortion UD100 Behringer
"The Day that I die is the day that I shut my mouth and put down my guitar" - Bradley Nowell of Sublime

R.I.P- 1996
If i doesnt aleready take 9v or whtever batteries, then that usually means it drains to much juice for batteries to be practical with it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If the pedal is made for a battery, it'll either be under the pedal mechanism itself or on the bottom - either by compartment or the whole bottom comes off, like on a Dunlop Crybaby.
Hi, I'm Peter
i'm not sure about behringer pedals, but the battery goes under the part that goes up and down when you hit the pedal

on boss pedals, there's a screw in the front that you unscrew

look in the owner's manual or if you don't have that, look for a manual online...or ask someone else here, but i wouldn't know, sorry
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
k thanks.

R.I.P- 1996
its on the top, you gotta push the two points in. i found it

R.I.P- 1996
ahhh duhh!! of course!

i was about to say the exact same thing!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
you should consider buying an adapter for your pedal if you plan on using it alot
i use 2 diff pedals and i use a 9v adapter for each coz i find that the batteries drain kinda quick
just get like an exentsion cord or a power strip to hook everything up to
lawlkyle
i got a behringer ultra metal pedal and to put the battery in there should be 2 black buttons or somehting in the side at the top of the actual pedal you push down, push them both in at the same time wit a screwdriver or sumps and it should lift off, then u put the battery in the space under there then clip it back on
when you get a lot of pedals like me, like...probably at least 4, you need a daisy chain

but yeah...if you ARE using batteries, remember to unplug both cords connected to the pedal because it still uses power unless you're unplugged
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Just buy a Visual Sound OneSpot adapter and the daisy chain. You can power up to like 5 or 6 pedals.
i've been considering that...but some people say it feeds back through the pedals

plus, i have a weeping demon and someone said they had a hard time finding an adapter that fit it, anyone know of one?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
yeah i'm buying an adaptar soon.

R.I.P- 1996