Hey guys, I'm planning on building my own guitar soon, and I was wondering if I could get a few tips on how to make the neck. Be as detailed a possible please.

-How do I shape the neck?

-What tools will I need?

-What are the measurements for the fret slots?

-Where do I buy fretbars?

-How do I make inlays?

...I think that's it...for now.

PS. This is probably going to be a bolt on.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
For the measurements of the fret slots, you need to know what scale length it will be, and how many frets...unless you were talking about how wide the individual slot needs to be, i couldnt tell.

And to my knowledge, you dont buy fretbars, you buy fretwire.

Hopefully luthieroftexas or somebody will come tell you all the stuff that i cant (which is most of it)
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
The first and most obvious is getting a neck blank.
For shaping the neck I would suggest using a plane first to take off as much wood as needed then sanding it smooth.

You'll need a neck radius sanding block and a fretboard radius block that you can get from stewmac.com

Fret slotsdepend on scale length and once you decide upon that I think stewmac also has a fret calculator

Fret wire, again stewmac sells all different variations and sizes to fit your needs and preferences.

And inlays you'll need the inlay blanks, an inlay cutting saw for doing the delicate cutting.
^ whooo luthier to the rescue
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords