Page 1 of 2
ok... my guitar broooooooooooke!!!! my dog hit it off the stand and the neck fell and broke in half! now ive only got $217 and i have a gig in two days! the only friend i know who plays guitar is in colorado (im in texas) so i cant borrow his... what can i buy with $200 that doesnt suck too much???
rent form your local guitar store
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by timmEH

good idea
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by timmEH

the guitar center by me doesnt have any guitar you can rent, and the brook mays that did closed down...
no get an agile 2000 for $200. great lps.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
look for some used guitars at the local store or in the paper
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
go to ebay. i saw like 4 bitchin guitars with no bids on them and the shipping was like 50 bucks.

woops nevermind. i over read the 2 days thing.
Or just get a loan from your parents then get a good guitar that you won't kick yourself for so your gig still sounds good then return the guitar after the guitar to the music store. Just don't beat it up to much. I've done it. It works.

Then start saving.
Jackson DXMG- upgraded pups 81 85 emg set
Schecter Omen 6
XXX 60w Tube Combo
Digitech GNX3
Boss MD-2
Quote by Sapple Pass
no get an agile 2000 for $200. great lps.

i need it in two days so i cant order guitars... and i dont live in NJ
A: Kill dog in redemption of your guitar ((What kinda guitar was it?))

B: Rent
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
how do you knock over a guitar and break it in half

Yeah rent one from a local shop or spend all of tommarow at GC and talk them down (theyll go down)
Quote by JET116
how do you knock over a guitar and break it in half

Yeah rent one from a local shop or spend all of tommarow at GC and talk them down (theyll go down)

it was on the stand, and the stand is elevated off the ground... and i have a huge ass dog that pretty much tackled it and the guitar went down and the neck broke in half...

Quote by sumfears
A: Kill dog in redemption of your guitar ((What kinda guitar was it?))

B: Rent

it was my brand new ****ing fender 60's reissue strat i got for my ****ing birthday two days ago!!!
Dude, relax, dont panic. I'd also say rent a guitar coz ur head isnt straight, get me? If you buy lower end guitar's, you wont get much out of it, and even if it survive ur gig, are you gonna be using it for the rest of your life? i dont think so, also you gonna need to change the pups on those and that'll cost you more. Seriously save up after your gig and get a better gear.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Look for some used stuff at GC. You can get pretty good deals there. I got a used MIM strat for only $200. Im sure they have some used stuff, and since its the end of the month, they will be willing to bargain because they meet their goal of selling a certain number of guitars.
If its a bolt on neck see if you can get a replacement, if not try your local classifieds.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by madpickin03
Dude, relax, dont panic. I'd also say rent a guitar coz ur head isnt straight, get me? If you buy lower end guitar's, you wont get much out of it, and even if it survive ur gig, are you gonna be using it for the rest of your life? i dont think so, also you gonna need to change the pups on those and that'll cost you more. Seriously save up after your gig and get a better gear.

gbuidfsnakgdyusadnmksjafgyudsa i already said i cant rent... damn people...
calm down dude, does your guitar have a bolt on neck? if it does you can usually get a replacement neck for under $200 and they arent that difficult to put on.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
calm down dude, does your guitar have a bolt on neck? if it does you can usually get a replacement neck for under $200 and they arent that difficult to put on.

its kinda hard to calm down... i sold my epi les paul yesterday and my brand new guitar broke two days after i got it... yeah its a bolt on... ill try to find one tomorrow... but i still need $200 guitar suggestions just in case...
Ok sry, didnt get to read that one. Anyways, calm down. If you got it 2 days ago then it'd probably still be under warranty?? If it is, then at the place where you buy those "should" provide you with a new or used guitar in the repairing process.

If cant, can you try find a 2nd hand neck or a new one like said, if its a bolt-on (most probably it will be bolt-on).

For $200 you'd probably could get a Yamaha Pacifica, its good. Or you can get the separate Ibanez starter pack, IJS40 and just the guitar (Ibanez GRX40).
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jul 29, 2006,
Quote by madpickin03
Ok sry, didnt get to read that one. Anyways, calm down. If you got it 2 days ago then it'd probably still be under warranty?? If it is, then at the place where you buy those "should" provide you with a new or used guitar in the repairing process.

If cant, can you try find a 2nd hand neck or a new one like said, if its a bolt-on (most probably it will be bolt-on).

For $200 you'd probably could get a Yamaha Pacifica, its good. Or you can get the separate Ibanez starter pack, IJS40 and just the guitar.

i got it from my dad and my dad lives in houston (like a 5 hour drive from where i live) so i cant get it replaced... well not tomorrow at least...
You could probably find a decent squire neck, I think they have the same spacing. So Try some squires. You could always just buy a guitar, keep the tags and such on, and then return it third day after your gig. Finally, I know guitar center has a 30 day "you can return it" policy on new amps, maybe they have it on guitars too. I honestly can not think of a guitar under 200$ worth buying, so I have none to recomend. However, just go to guitar center and try whatever you see with a good price. Ask them if you could return it if you do not like it. If you can get somebody to agree to taking it back, it would be even better to ask to speak to the manager first, then you are going to be golden on just buying the usable guitar and returning it after the gig for a full refund. You will have a VERY difficult time trying to return a used guitar, so I do not think you should bother.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Ok so you do know ur under warranty right? If you do, then i'd say get a 2nd hand neck if can to save as much cash as possible for your next gear. Dont just blindly buy a guitar just for that gig ONLY. But if you insist, then go ahead, its ur cash.

Also, i'd advice you to get a walled-up guitar holder, the one that your dog cant reach.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I'm really not sure that the warranty would cover that. I mean, it sort of is his fault. The manufacturer or wherever his dad bought it really aren't responsible for him breaking it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's still under warranty, you can try calling the GC to try sort things out. And i think its his dog's fault btw....
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Go to the gig without one, and ask one of the other bands guitarists to borrow theirs. If they say no, offer like $50. Sounds stupid, but atleast then you can save up for a good guitar rather than using a $200 guitar for one gig.
If everything fails, try to post a local classified on renting a guitar from somone for like a day. I'm sure some people will do that for some extra cash in the pocket.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
^ Well he shouldn't have put it where his dog could get it! If it caught on fire would it be the fire's fault?

But seriously, go to a guitar center, bring your mom if you can (I'm assuming you live with her since you did not provide an age in your profile), and talk to the manager at a guitar center and be like "I'm really not sure if I like this guitar or not, could I maybe return it in a couple of days if I decide I do not like it?" I can pretty much guarantee that if you go in there with some adult figure who appears to be your parent/guardian that the manager will either say yes or tell you what you should do. Regardless, it is worth a shot.
Quote by RHCP94
It seems like its pretty simple really:

1) Take your $200. Goto to GC.
2) Try every guitar there that you could afford.
3) Pick the one you like best.

Was that so hard?

For $200 you can get a decent guitar that will tide you over. My Ibanez was $200
and its a fine guitar.

Luckily a Strat is bolt on so when you sort it out you can get a neck replacement.
It'll be pretty much good as new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaptonWannabe
Last time I went on holiday I totally forgot how to ride my bike. I got on the thing and was like 'WTF!?'

Holy smoke, what happen to the old saying ""It's just like riding a bike, you never forget how!". Sorry for going off topic.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by E Daws
^ Well he shouldn't have put it where his dog could get it! If it caught on fire would it be the fire's fault?

But seriously, go to a guitar center, bring your mom if you can (I'm assuming you live with her since you did not provide an age in your profile), and talk to the manager at a guitar center and be like "I'm really not sure if I like this guitar or not, could I maybe return it in a couple of days if I decide I do not like it?" I can pretty much guarantee that if you go in there with some adult figure who appears to be your parent/guardian that the manager will either say yes or tell you what you should do. Regardless, it is worth a shot.

i dont provide an age on my profile? ill change that... but yes i do live wth my mother. ummm so i buy a $200 guitar and ask this? or ask my mom for some money and then do it?
How much are you getting paid to do the gig? Is it jsut something like a talent show? If you're not getting paid, cancel it. There's no sense to buy a guitar for a gig you're not getting paid for.

If you still really need a guitar, why not go acoustic? The Washburn D10S is $200 and won't be completely useless to you after this ONE gig. It's a great acoustic.

If you really need an electric, go for a Washburn WI14. They're $150.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by madpickin03
Ok so you do know ur under warranty right? If you do, then i'd say get a 2nd hand neck if can to save as much cash as possible for your next gear. Dont just blindly buy a guitar just for that gig ONLY. But if you insist, then go ahead, its ur cash.

Also, i'd advice you to get a walled-up guitar holder, the one that your dog cant reach.

dude..... i canNOT look at your avatar.
Quote by Xenn99
How much are you getting paid to do the gig? Is it jsut something like a talent show? If you're not getting paid, cancel it. There's no sense to buy a guitar for a gig you're not getting paid for.

If you still really need a guitar, why not go acoustic? The Washburn D10S is $200 and won't be completely useless to you after this ONE gig. It's a great acoustic.

If you really need an electric, go for a Washburn WI14. They're $150.

ummm no its not a paying gig but i hate to cancel gigs... especially this close to the day. and yeah im gonna need an electric... acoustic's just not for me...
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
i dont provide an age on my profile? ill change that... but yes i do live wth my mother. ummm so i buy a $200 guitar and ask this? or ask my mom for some money and then do it?

Well if your mother goes, they know you mean business. You could ask her for a loan, but it wouldn't be worth it. If you go to guitar center and just have your mother standing next to you as you ask to talk to the manager and you do all the talking it will be good. She is sort of like those evil genius villain's muscle. I mean Guitar Center does not want to feel like they are being screwed and taken advantage of. An adult assures that they take you seriously. I mean with your mom there with you they realize there is a chance of you coming back and buying expensive ****. So you're an investment to them. But if you come in and say "I have 200$ and I am desperate" they will laugh and sell you a crumby squier with no plan of return.

Quote by wind88
Holy smoke, what happen to the old saying ""It's just like riding a bike, you never forget how!". Sorry for going off topic.

Yea the guy who said it was making fun of a threadstarter who was complaining that he didn't want to go on his week or so long vacation without bringing a guitar, but his mom would not let him so he wanted people to give some alternatives.
Quote by RHCP94
Quote by mxrider391
Or just get a loan from your parents then get a good guitar that you won't kick yourself for so your gig still sounds good then return the guitar after the guitar to the music store. Just don't beat it up to much. I've done it. It works.

Then start saving.

yup
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

I 2nd the GRX20 option. Maybe later you could throw in EMGs and it would sound nice like a higher-end model. It's a fun guitar to mess around on.
Page 1 of 2