Alright, so im looking for some good pickups for heavier stuff. I have an Epiphone Les Paul, still stock pickups. I dont mind them too much. I also have an ESP Ltd M-207 guitar, its a 7-string. Its got 'Duncan Designed' pickups, but i played a schecter today at guitar center with Seymour Duncans in them, and i would have died for them. So, im looking for seymour duncan pickups, the best kind for heavy stuff i can get. I might only get one pickup for the bridge, for about 70 bucks, because im not looking to spend more than like $120 dollars.

The pickup i had in mind right now is this SH-6 Distortion pickup. Also, since my guitar is all black, i think it would look cool. Could anybody tell me how good of a pickup this is for like, pinch harmonics, playing heavy stuff, etc?

Also, if anybody else has good suggestions, im open to those.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

it depends wht ur into, i belive seymore duncan make a Dimabg signature pick-up called Dimebuckers but for a heavy tone i have to recomend a Gibson Angus Young signature in the bridge position if ur willing to fork out a few extra $$$$ U might also want to think about ur pedal board when talking about manipulating guitar tones
would i be okay buying this for the bridge, and thats it? The neck pickup is pretty cool for cleans. Its pretty expensive.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

well, (in my opinion) the invader is the worst pickup ever, the dimebucker isn't much better, and the distortion is mediocre.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
well, (in my opinion) the invader is the worst pickup ever, the dimebucker isn't much better, and the distortion is mediocre.

I agree with Dave ALl three pickup sarent that great. I suggest a SH-10 Full Shred though i dont know if they make a 7 string model or look elsewhere like Dimarzio
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Guitar Skater
duncan invaders i have them in both strats

They might sound okay in a brighter tone wood but Epi Les Pauls are mahogany which would make the Invader sound muddy

Also Threadstarter, Could you be more specific with the music you want to play?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Hey man if you like the Duncan SH 6 Distortion then get them i think they are 69.99 or what you could do is get an invader put it in the bridge and then put the Duncan distortion in the neck, people think its to hot for the neck and would kill the tone and sound of clean, but it actually is crystal clear and sounds beautiful.
^ Again, Invader in Mahogany =
i got a invader in my tom delonge strat and i dont play metal. everyone says they hate it but in my opinion there decent pickups.
Quote by Nickster
So your saying a mahogany neck or a mahogany body would kill the sound?

It wont kill the sound of the Invader but the low notes may get muddy when used with a lot of distortion in a Mahogany body. The Duncan Distortion (SH-6) should sound fine (I'm considering getting one myself) but most people agree the invader is for brighter woods like Alder

Quote by Gibson_Rocker
i got a invader in my tom delonge strat and i dont play metal. everyone says they hate it but in my opinion there decent pickups.

See above
Oh, the music id like to play is like, metal (not like..death metal), stuff that sounds real heavy and thick, but not muddy. Classic rock, hard rock, guns 'n 'roses type stuff, and i also like stuff with good cleans, and bluesy type stuff. But the neck pickup does a pretty good job at covering those last two things. I need something with good, strong pinch harmonics, a little better than what i've got now.

Oh, in the guitar that im looking for the pickup (the Ltd), its got a basswood body (i bought it thinking it was alder. I wasnt too dissappointed in the fact that i found out that it wasnt, because when i can get a job, im gonna upgrade to a better guitar anyway.) Is basswood a 'bright' wood like alder?
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

^ basswood's kind of warm, and "nice" sounding (can be a little too polite for really heavy metal, but gets a really sweet lead/shred tone, (with the right pickups, obviously)). Kind of half-way between mahogany and alder.

What's your budget for the pickups then? I'm thinking a medium high output humbucker, alnico V magnet.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?