I have this amp, a Frontman II 25R (here's a link)

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0231502000#

And I want to produce the best sound. As you can see the settings are Volume, Gain, Drive Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb.

I know Gain and Drive Volume happen when I turn them on, but the Treble, Midde, bass and reverb I don't know what to set to to get the best sound. Right now I just set them all equal to eachother. and haven't really played with them much

Is there a guide that teaches what to do to produce the best sound? Or can someone help me with this?
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
its all personal preference so just mess around with the controls till you find a sound you like. i have the same amp and have the trebel on 7, middle on 5, bass on 8 and reverb on 10. sounds great to me
me personally, push the bass, cut the mids, and treble a little less than the bass. And crank the gain... but what type of sound are u goin for? it really depends on your preference and genre of playing.
metal = gain 9 low 9 mid 6 hi 6-7.5

clean + gain (low, none) low 9 mid ~5 hi 3

these are just my preferences. I'd do what omega says and just sit and mess with it. Your sound will come to you in time
Well, if you give us a style of music you like to play, we can probably steer you in the right direction for EQ settings.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Mids are the stuff between treble and bass. With the mids up there's not as distinct of a difference between the treble and bass stuff. Metal music usually scoops the mids to allow for heavy bass and the whole squealy solo stuff.

Atleast I think that's right. I don't particularly know indepth on it.
My Stuffs:
-ZZ Ryder Empire (with Wilkinson trem.)
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Zoom 505ii (was only $15, and came with an skb case)
-Crate FXT120
However for shred settings, the mids are boosted and the others are cut down, this is to produce a saturated fuller fatter bigger complete untwangy sound.

I have mine set at
bass 6
mids 8
treb 6
gain 7.5

because I am just playing some semi shred, when I play metal i go for

bass 9
mids 5
trebs 6
gain 9

because i like creamier thicker sounds, thats me.