active pickups don't take a battery. passive ones do. 9V battery in the guitar. i think. but it might be the other way around
umm...actives take a 9 volt, not a passive... i dont know how much they cost canadian but i think the C-1 regular is like 400 american
Go get your shovel.
Quote by ozzfest080605
active pickups don't take a battery. passive ones do. 9V battery in the guitar. i think. but it might be the other way around

lol

active pickups DO take a 9v battery. passive do not. active pickups are much hotter and sound best with a ****load of gain and through a tube amp
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
On actives, you do not have to ground the guitar with your body to eliminate the noises.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Active pickups have a pre-amp built in and are usually have quite a bit more output then regular passive pickups. For some decent soundclips of EMG's, go to www.emginc.com
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by DannyBozo
I am also thinking about getting the Schecter C-1 guitar( the white one), What do you think about this guitar? and how much would it be worth Canadian?

the c-1 would probably be worth it.... (whatever type of music you play) its a great guitar. i have no clue how much it would be canadian, as im an ignorant american peice of trash.... but its only about 600 or 700 american....

i didnt help....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
the C-1 is around 400 american, not 600 or 700..thats the c-1 hellraiser, and hes talking about the regular one
Go get your shovel.
OK, Active pickups:

They actually have WEAKER magnets than passive pickups. This means the
magnets won't effect the string vibrating as much as passives. This weaker
signal is then boosted using the 9V battery before leaving the guitar.

One thing you have to watch out for is not leaving your guitar plugged in! I
just did on one of my Alembics and it killed the battery. When I opened up
the compartments I found FOUR 9V batteries in one compartment and one in
another! I thought I needed to change all 5. After buying a ton of batteries I
discovered only one of them was used for active pickups. doh!
Active pickups have a pre-amp built in and are usually have quite a bit more output then regular passive pickups. For some decent soundclips of EMG's!

I Can't find the soundclips?

the C-1 is around 400 american, not 600 or 700..thats the c-1 hellraiser, and hes talking about the regular one

Yeah I was talking about the regular one, my budget is no more then 600$. Are there any other C-1 models that are around the same price that are decent? or other schecters in this case?
Last edited by DannyBozo at Jul 30, 2006,
Quote by DannyBozo
I Can't find the soundclips?

Yeah I was talking about the regular one, my budget is no more then 600$. Are there any other C-1 models that are around the same price that are decent? or other schecters in this case?

the C-1 She Devil is probably the best C-1 you can find under 600, you can see it here http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inventory/Details.cfm?ProductTypeID=12&BrandID=38
Go get your shovel.