So after months of waiting for someone to try and learn some necrophagist, I decided to give it a shot. I just started learning the solo 2 days ago, and didnt finish it all.. And I recorded with a clean guitar and added effects after so the taps cant be heard too well.. But hey its a start. When I finish Ill post the final copy.

Any feedback is welcome

http://www.files.bz/files/5521/NecroRough.mp3
really good first attempt. but theres still a long way to go for the part that you know. sweeping was pretty sloppy in some places, and good in others. you tried some legato in some places that were actually supposed to be alternate picked and it didnt sound that good. some bends were also off.
dont take me too seriously though, im really nit picky
Wow, it's good to see some Necrophagist stuff on here.

Anywho, wasn't bad at all. Sweeping needs a bit of cleaning up. Practice this solo more and you'll have it in no time.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
It's such a sick solo, one of my favorites. Can't wait to see it finished up, good luck!
That sounded like crap. I don't mean your recording, I mean the solo in general. Maybe it was almost note-perfect, I wouldn't know. But, if a flurry of notes is now what people are calling a solo, I'm ashamed.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Its not that its a flurry of notes, its a flurry of notes that sound good to the intelligent shredders and fans. Just because its not a 4 note solo by whatever band you like doesnt mean its crap. And besides, if you could get to the point of actually being able to play like this, you would realize how fun it is to shred. Especially with the taps
Quote by insideac
Its not that its a flurry of notes, its a flurry of notes that sound good to the intelligent shredders and fans. Just because its not a 4 note solo by whatever band you like doesnt mean its crap. And besides, if you could get to the point of actually being able to play like this, you would realize how fun it is to shred. Especially with the taps

I listen to Joe Satriani religiously, you ignorant bastard. I have a large knowledge of shred and this is a flurry of random notes in comparison. Obviously you're not an "intelligent" shredder.

Also, I'm not so bad at shredding, I can play various different things which are hard, technically. I just wouldn't waste my time with **** like this. Besides, you can't play it anyway, you ****ed up plenty of times.

And when did I say I played the whole thing perfectly? Id like for you to copy and paste that here. And to some, Joe Satriani sounds like a flurry of notes too, so we both like shred, but different kinds. I dont know about you but the reason I love this solo so much is beause they combine a nice black metal melody with a touch of classical music and brutal drums, not because they play so fast. Thats just a bonus lol. Just like steve vai, some people find he is the best thing since the faked lunar landing, while others think he experiments too much and that he sucks. People are at different ends of the musical stick, thats all.
Quote by insideac
And when did I say I played the whole thing perfectly? Id like for you to copy and paste that here. And to some, Joe Satriani sounds like a flurry of notes too, so we both like shred, but different kinds. I dont know about you but the reason I love this solo so much is beause they combine a nice black metal melody with a touch of classical music and brutal drums, not because they play so fast. Thats just a bonus lol. Just like steve vai, some people find he is the best thing since the faked lunar landing, while others think he experiments too much and that he sucks. People are at different ends of the musical stick, thats all.

Satch puts feeling and style to his music. Necrophagist, to me, seem like they only just totally rape a solo so it suits the rest of the song. Every part of every Necrophagist song sounds like noise to me, from the vocals, to the guitar solos.

It's really not my cup of tea, although I do apologise for coming into your thread and having a bitch.

Its alright dude. I like knowing people's opinions of things. Besides, I used to think the same thing of Yngwie Malmsteen, and his songs confused me (Not saying necro comfuses you), but after a while I guess I was tamed or something lol.
Quote by insideac
Its alright dude. I like knowing people's opinions of things. Besides, I used to think the same thing of Yngwie Malmsteen, and his songs confused me (Not saying necro comfuses you), but after a while I guess I was tamed or something lol.

I like Yngwie in small doses and some of his songs are really helpful for improving techniqe. However, other songs of his are a total wankfest and do not sound good. I love shred, as long as it's blended correctly with the music, and only used in moderation. Much like how Satriani employs it.

No offense Smokey Amp, but Necrophagist is a completely different kinda music than Satch's, so ur opinion seems a little misplaced to me
It's neo-classical-shred-based, so obviously if u believe Yngwie's playing is wankery, than this'll have the same effect on u...
I understand part of what ur saying, but everyone doesn't like the same things

I for instance, love Satch as well. And Yngwie, and even Necrophagist! And I honestly think that some of the soloing in Necrophagist is beautiful (believe it or not)
Of course, Satch has more "feel" as some people call it because he's more blues-oriented/influenced. Necrophagist is technical death metal...
U see where I'm going?: there's no comparison really

btw, have u ever heard the solo in "Advanced Corpse Tumor"? If not, at least try 'n check it out. it's a seriously well arranged piece imo...
Dude, after I finish learning this solo perfectly, that is the next one I am going for, I love how he uses so many pedal points in there, and it sounds so beautiful. Plus its not nearly as many crazy ass tap arpeggios as Fermented Offal Discharge.. This is the first time I have ever tried to do tapping in my arpeggios, hence why it sounds so sloppy lol. My pick keeps scraping the strings when I try to mute
it's too bad tho cuz the vid doesn't work for me...

but just the same, I'm sure ur doing a decent job, after all, Muhammed's like the most rediculously clean sweeper ever lol
hah I WISH I was as clean as him..Not even close for now.. But its not a video, its an audio file,. Muhammad Imo is alot tougher to learn than any other shredder when it comes to that neoclassical style. Ive always been intimidated by the guitar pro tab of Fermented Offal Discharge and just sat there and stared at it, until I finally picked up my guitar and tried it.