whenever i hear a song on the radio or on a cd or whatever, the vocals sound different then when i record vocals. i don't mean that they sound better than mine, they do but thats not the point. theres a certain effect to them that makes them stand out, ya know what i mean? can any1 tell me what that is, or how to acheive it.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
bands on the radio usually spend over $100,000 grand on recording an album and getting a fancy producer. they are gonna sound ¨perfect¨ when you hear em. all i can suggest is mess around with your recording mic a lot. do you use a condenser mic?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
if its an effect, id be willing to bet its probably compression or reverb. those are the two things that i think most help a vocal recording effect wise. other than that, its just that they have a ton of very high quality gear and some great EQing going on with their stuff.
Quote by sloppyjoe109
do you use a condenser mic?

I use a really crappy computer mic that i got for 10 bucks at target, that may be part of it.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
lol. yeah. it shouldnt sound that bad. it wont sound as good as a radio band. but it should get the job done.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.