What are some good metal songs in standard tunings?
Can you drop D on a floyd rose without ****ing up intonation and stuff? (how low can you go?)
Any good guides for changing strings on a floyd rose?
Umm, well they make a thing that goes on a Floyd Rose that allows you to go back and forth between Drop-D and standard tuning. Forgot what it was called though...

There should be a sticky around here someplace that lists good songs in different tuning.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I'm using the same guitar as the one in your avatar, if that helps (MH-400 right?). Like, if I undo the locks at the neck and then tune it from there how low can I tune it before it ****s stuff up?
I really don't know. I've never owned a Floyd Rose, I have just read up about them. De-tuning shouldn't mess it up too bad, you just have to adjust the spring tension on the trem.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

^There we go! That's what I was looking for.
- FJ

I have no time to get a D-Tuna........so, I tune it to something, say like, C#, then how do I release the spring tension and do I have to re-intonate it?
Quote by YYZ
What are some good metal songs in standard tunings?
Can you drop D on a floyd rose without ****ing up intonation and stuff? (how low can you go?)
Any good guides for changing strings on a floyd rose?

I can't help you on the last two, I've never owned a FR, but I'm getting one soon.

As for the first, most Opeth, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, and loads more good stuff. I say Opeth, cause I'm obsessed with them right now ( and no, it;s not the only metal band I'm aware of, I like a bunch of good metal all of you who think Opeth is an excuse to say you like metal.)
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Yea, I was thinking more specific songs. Don't worry about that though, I just need the tuning question answered.