I have an Ibanez RG350DX with a floating tremelo Edge Pro II bridge. I find it to be a pain in the ass to tune. Is there any way of replacing the bridge with a hardtail, or is the cavity going to screw all this up?
Umm, just learn how to use the bridge. Floating bridges are usually a pain in the ass, but once you learn how to use it properly, it's not too bad.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

yeah but i drop tune frequently from E to drop D, and don't want to have to end up retuning every string after every tune down.
Well, you can get a D-tuna for a Floyd Rose. I don't know if you can get one (or a similar item) for an Edge. You might look into that.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by dj_brooks22
yeah but i drop tune frequently from E to drop D, and don't want to have to end up retuning every string after every tune down.

Drop D is just tuning the low E... why would you have to retune every string??
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Shouldn't have gotten one with a floyd then.........

But yea look into a D-Tuna or you can completly block off your trem if you want to.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by fallenangel20
Drop D is just tuning the low E... why would you have to retune every string??

Because on a floating bridge, once you tune one, it does the opposite to the other strings. This can be a major pain in the ass during re-stringing. If you don't really want the Floyd, but don't want a solution to cost you an arm or leg, get the Tremel-no or this one contraption made by Hipshot that I can't remember the name of.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Heard by others that a detuna wont work on edge pro 2 and i would have to retune at least 2 or 3 of them becasue the way you have to tune is about a half step up , so tuning down affects the other strings, if you have one then you know what i mean. But, how could you block off the tremelo?