Havnt played guitar for 15 years. Played for 10. I cant play anything but purple haze by JH and some basic riffs now, oh basic chords as well.

Music I wanna play mostly hard rock and blues, ACDC, Van Halen, Clapton style blues and similar stuff.

But I also want something that shreds. But I also dont want to over capitilise until i know im going to stick at it.

Im looking at

ESP m-50

and

schecter omen 6

Which one of those two is best quality and sound?

Also need advice on cheap PC setup.

Have notebook, but need speakers, any advice?

Also looking at buying guitarport.....

Apologies for long message. Most of all, thanks for having me ! Im a kiwozzy (kiwi livin in australia).
An incredibly cheap alternative to buying some speakers is use the line input on your Amp. (if it has one) Many amps have a line input that lets you play music through them while you play your guitar, and you can buy a headphone/guitar male-male cable. Basically you can plug it into the headphone jack of your laptop and run it to your amp. When I first moved to japan I had to do that exactly until I could afford some speakers.

Also, as far as guitars go, I dont know about the ESP, but I have a Schecter C1-Elite myself, and it doesnt suck at all. The omen was alright when I tried it out, but as with ALL Schecter Guitars, you will not be happy with the pickups.
Don't get either of the guitars you mentioned; get an Ibanez RG321. They have fast necks and killer tone with new pickups (no guitars in that price range are gonna have good stock pups). The RG321's an all around great guitar for the price and for your style of playing.
yeah, that ibanez RG321 that Vindication recommended is a good guitar, my friend has one like that and it's great to play. also make sure you have a good amp.

always good to help a kiwi
cherrrrrrrrrr supaman. my mates are not liking last nights AB result.

rg321 doesnt look as cool as the omen though ! hahahaha, i know looks are least important. i prefer the look of the sa series in ibanez.

i not using an amp at this stage, so will have to stick with PC speakers. would monitor speakers be better than pc speaker? i would need a decent sound card though hey?

thanks all, this forum rocks ! (exscuse the pun)
i been offered a used rg470 for 1/4 of what they retailed. are the a good guitar and is this a good buy?
Quote by Imp
ALL Schecter Guitars, you will not be happy with the pickups.

Not true. My C-1 Classic came with Seymour Duncans stock. They sound great. You are generalizing becaue many Schecters use the Duncan Designed pickups.
well its either the rg470 or the schecter omen floyd rose extreme (whammy)

i like the look of the schecter a lot more.
Nobody ever mentions Washburns..

Get a lower-end Washburn Idol. They kick ass.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
nobody has recommended me a washburn yet ur right. when i was playing 15 years ago washburn seemed to be quite popular amongst the noobs (like me)

i really really like the omen extreme with floyd rose, but just worried neck will be to fat compared to an ibanez to play quickly. any comments?
If you are going for an ESP, you don't want the 50. Get either a 200/250 or 400 model; they come equipped with better stuff. The Schecter is a very nice guitar as well, but I would recommend the ESP.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

i cant afford the 200 or 400.

what about the mh50t? none of the lower end accept the 400 are mahogony anyways
Quote by fiztech
nobody has recommended me a washburn yet ur right. when i was playing 15 years ago washburn seemed to be quite popular amongst the noobs (like me)

i really really like the omen extreme with floyd rose, but just worried neck will be to fat compared to an ibanez to play quickly. any comments?

Try it out in the store. If you like it buy it. Don't buy it blindly online because you might not like it and it will cost your shipping to return it. Go to Guitar center or any store and try out everything.
what i dont like about rg321 is no whammy bar.

would rg321 be better than rg470?

unfortunately i cant get to a store as they are beyond my reach.
You might look into buying a Fender Strat with a whammy bar. Relatively cheap, and suits your style of music well.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

yeah had a strat for 10 years. fantastic to play (was beyond my ability), but just now im a bit more show pony and i dont like the looks of them.
i guess the thing is, how often am i going to use a tremolo. so maybe im better off with a string through job for better sustain.

still, which is better rg470 or rg321?
looks like i may have bought the rg470 for $200 US (more here in oz).

is that a good buy? comes with hard case and is in perfect condition.

is the rg520 better?
Quote by fiztech
looks like i may have bought the rg470 for $200 US (more here in oz).

is that a good buy? comes with hard case and is in perfect condition.

is the rg520 better?

An rg470 for $200!!?? Take a look at this:
http://www.blackdot.com.au/ProdDetails.asp?Product=43

That is a damn good buy!

edit: Well, that's in Australian dollars, but still. That is a good buy.
- FJ

I think you should go for and ibanez s520ex they kick ass and have a nice whammi bar
my new 470 is a 1999 model, it has a chrome looking pickguard, does that sound right? its a japanese build. is in near new condition. was this version ok? was supposedly $1500AU when new.

there is a rg520 my mate has which im considering as well. i could end up with two ibanez guitars. prob play both until i figure out which one i like the most.