Okay, after a lot of people telling me that instead of upping my Pacifica, I should just buy a new guitar, I think I'm gonna do it. I've settled on the Ibanez RG321 in Mahogany Oil, and am tossing a Roland Cube 15 in, since it's either carrying that to a friend's house, or a Marshall Half Stack. You guys think this is a good decision? I mean, I'm really pressing my budget at $375.00, so I can't afford much more. And I honestly think the Ibanez is a massive step up from the Yamaha, from what I've read. Hell, I think I read a review someplace, where some guy said he was Korn's ex-manager, and he recommended this for a backup to Korn, or so he said. Anywho, what do you guys think?

Also, I'm thinking of slapping a trem on it, later in the future, and all GC has is the Fender '62 Reissue kit. Is this worth the cash? It's only like, eighty bucks, I think. I wish that GC carried ****ing Floyd Roses, but they don't, because evidently they really don't like selling worthwhile trems. But, if I absolutely must, I'll order it via the internet. Can you guys recommend anything I might want to replace on this in the future? I know I'm going to be stuck with this for a good, long while, so I might as well make it worth my time.

Thanks in advance, all. I always get pretty good advice here.
Other than the pickups, you can get official Ibanez trems direct from ibanezrules.com.

I recommend the Edge Pro or the ZR, if you want some serious quality.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I own a Ibanez and I can vouch for them. They are quality constructed guitars. But I'm sure you would need to change the pups on this one you are looking at. Other than that, the trem that you already mentioned. But havent played on it so cant tell for sure. good luck.

Have you thought of getting a good used guitar?

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
Make up your mind, its either a trem or a no trem, i wouldnt route the body in the future if i were you. Plus you'd need to shave up a bit on the headstock (before the 1st fret) area to install a locking nut if you're eye-ing on a floyd rose system. If you're just installing a normal vintage trem on it, its gonna be crap and wont stay in tune after doing lotsa dives.

If you want a guitar with a tremolo, save it, if you dont use trems that much, then just settle for the RG321MH.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by emperor_black
I own a Ibanez and I can vouch for them. They are quality constructed guitars. But I'm sure you would need to change the pups on this one you are looking at. Other than that, the trem that you already mentioned. But havent played on it so cant tell for sure. good luck.

Have you thought of getting a good used guitar?

I was looking at new pups, but I didn't want to get too ahead of myself before I even got the guitar, know what I mean? As far as the used thing, it never even crossed my mind, and GC has used gear auctions. Might check that out.

I'll check out the Edge Pro and ZR's, too.

And I'll def. look for one with a pre-installed trem. You're right. I really don't feel like messing up a guitar.
a cube 15 is going to do nothing for u.
its not loud enough over drums nor does it have effects.
u get more tone from ur amp so i suggest a cube 30 and a pickup upgrade on the yamaha.

or a cube 60.

and no DONT GET An MG.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
and no DONT GET An MG.

Yes do not get a Marshall MG Series.

Get a Vox Valvetronix and some new pickups for your pacifica.
Quote by jj1565
a cube 15 is going to do nothing for u.
its not loud enough over drums nor does it have effects.
u get more tone from ur amp so i suggest a cube 30 and a pickup upgrade on the yamaha.

or a cube 60.

and no DONT GET An MG.

Well, it gets really good reviews, and as much as I'd like to play lead in a band, I'm not in one. So do I really have to worry about loudness? The Cube 15, I mean. 'Sides, there's a Half Stack at my house, if I do anything as far as a band.

And I really, really, really don't like the Pacifica. It's alright, but it's lacking something I can't put my finger on. I want a guitar that kind of calls me to it, the Pacifica really doesn't do that anymore.

I'll look into a better amp, but would the Cube 15 be okay for practice, and tossing in a car and taking someplace? 'Cause like I said before, I'm kinda pushing my budget, and I really want a new axe.

Thanks again, all of you for your help.
i love cubes, dont get me wrong. but the cube 15 doesnt have models. (effects)

so either get a micro cube-$125, or a cube 30-$225.

vox makes nice amps too, they are more for classic rock. so consider them too unless ur into metal.
(i guessed u played some metal because u settled on the rg)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
i love cubes, dont get me wrong. but the cube 15 doesnt have models. (effects)

so either get a micro cube-$125, or a cube 30-$225.

vox makes nice amps too, they are more for classic rock. so consider them too unless ur into metal.
(i guessed u played some metal because u settled on the rg)

I looked at the Micro Cube, but the only diff. is that it's battery powered, right? As far as the classic rock thing, yeah, I play stuff like Guns N' Roses, but I play metal, and dabble in blues guitar. So I really need a good amp for stuff like that for around $150.00.
Quote by Pacifica112J
I looked at the Micro Cube, but the only diff. is that it's battery powered, right? As far as the classic rock thing, yeah, I play stuff like Guns N' Roses, but I play metal, and dabble in blues guitar. So I really need a good amp for stuff like that for around $150.00.

No, I don't think the Cube 15 has any amp modelling, while the Micro Cube has 7 different amp models.
Get the microcube, it also have a built in tuner/pitch key. Its very similar to the Cube-30 in terms of EFX and models. Cube-15 doesnt have EFX and have less amp models than the micro/cube30. You can try to wait for Roland to release its new Cube-20X but i doubt that its in ur price range, but it should be cheaper than the Cube-30.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
well duh, yes it can be used on an outlet, you're not gonna buy new batteries every 20hrs do you?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
LAF yeah u have the ption of either, but if u like blues too check out the VOx DA5
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-DA5-Guitar-Amp?sku=482624
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Pacifica112J

I have a Roland Cube 15. Don't get it. It's just like any plain old solid state practice amp. No models, no effects.

Get a Microcube or a DA5.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.