hey guys. i have a gibson sg standard. with a 490R humbucker in the neck position,
498T humbucker in the bridge position. i play it through a dual recto and a orange cab (celestions v. 30). my clean channel is obviously horrible due to the recto. i was thinking to maybe changing the neck pick up to a 57, or maybe both. that way, i still have lots of bottom/a bassy sound, and i have a crispier clean. suggestions?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Nah, the 57's are pretty similar to the 498T
It would make them sound better however. It just wouldn't change too much.
57's are good pickups though.
I basically play the same setup as you just with a Marshall Cab.
I put the 57's in my Les Paul studio and it sounds better but still quite similar.
I'd say go for it though, nothing wrong with improving sound man. Look into other pickups though.
I don't really have any suggestions though.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Quote by think11270
Nah, the 57's are pretty similar to the 498T
It would make them sound better however. It just wouldn't change too much.
57's are good pickups though.
I basically play the same setup as you just with a Marshall Cab.
I put the 57's in my Les Paul studio and it sounds better but still quite similar.
I'd say go for it though, nothing wrong with improving sound man. Look into other pickups though.
I don't really have any suggestions though.

thanks dude! but what pickups would you suggest? i want a good crispy clean, and a heavy,thick,bassy distortion.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Quote by sloppyjoe109
thanks dude! but what pickups would you suggest? i want a good crispy clean, and a heavy,thick,bassy distortion.

i think your pickups are ceramic, but i can't be for sure. It depnds if you wanna keep that sound or get some more organic sounding pickups, if so, look at some seymours duncans.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns