i didn't know whether to put this in the originals or in the covers, but i went with the covers since i suppose it technically is a cover.

basically this is our version of seven nation army, made all techno, but with real instruments!!!!

it was done in one take with all instruments lined out through the pa into audacity and recorded as one track. we didnt know how it would turn out, but its turned out like this:

http://slouchinoutfit.dmusic.com/

let us know what you think, it was made as our three peice band is with exception of the electric drum kit rather than an acustic kit.
Dont really like that type of music but this was good. Very original and the guitar playing was great

8/10
Thin Lizzy
You say this is done with all real drums? Its very good. While I personally dont listen to techno alot, I like to listen to it at dances, clubs etc. This sounds very different, which is what makes it so cool. The drums sound excellent, and the different sound effects here and there make it not sound repetitive, which some other techno songs suffer from.

Also try to listen to my stuff
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406282

or search insideac and listen to my other songs
Sounds good at a club, not my taste, but after a few whiskeys and ....mmm...other stuff..... I would be going nuts on the floor to this, I know it. I like it, Like a lot of techno music, it draws you in and you find yourself engaged to the end. The inclusion of some parts of the vocals(not all) would have been awesome....i mean truley awesome, maybe you should think about that, maybe at the end when no-ones expecting it, rip into the verse where he says "A seven nation army could'nt hold me back" is it the first verse? I cant remember? or just selective lines like "Im gonna fight 'em off" or "Dont wanna hear about it" Is that the lines of the song?...im having a brain freeze...but yeah great job, and if you do decide to update it, let me know.

edit:- let me ask you: Is the techno scene in England still big?, cause I grew up in N.Ireland and it was HUGE when I left in 2001. Just curious. Does Radio 1 still do those insane DJ partys on the weekend during the summer? Man they were awesome!!! Pete Tong.....Oh the memories!.
Now Is Not The Time To Cry....Now's The Time To Find Out Why!!!!
Last edited by Spudric jr.III at Aug 2, 2006,
Ahh, it's nice to hear a new spin on things. You did a good job on changing it up. A lot of people try to keep it too similar, and tat ruins it. Good job. 8/10
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
off topic, but nice purple haze cover.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
thhis is very cool
i loved it..and surprised that you got it good at one attempt
so wait youre saying no automated effects?
i give it a 9/10
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Quote by Spudric jr.III
Sounds good at a club, not my taste, but after a few whiskeys and ....mmm...other stuff..... I would be going nuts on the floor to this, I know it. I like it, Like a lot of techno music, it draws you in and you find yourself engaged to the end. The inclusion of some parts of the vocals(not all) would have been awesome....i mean truley awesome, maybe you should think about that, maybe at the end when no-ones expecting it, rip into the verse where he says "A seven nation army could'nt hold me back" is it the first verse? I cant remember? or just selective lines like "Im gonna fight 'em off" or "Dont wanna hear about it" Is that the lines of the song?...im having a brain freeze...but yeah great job, and if you do decide to update it, let me know.

edit:- let me ask you: Is the techno scene in England still big?, cause I grew up in N.Ireland and it was HUGE when I left in 2001. Just curious. Does Radio 1 still do those insane DJ partys on the weekend during the summer? Man they were awesome!!! Pete Tong.....Oh the memories!.

Yes radio 1 still do the techno gigs. I'm just downloading the file now threadstarter so I'll crit you in a minute .
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
OMFG, you butchered the ****ing song! And no way those drums are live, they sound like MIDIs!
Very nice, as it's been said before, Techno's not my thing but that was still good. The little added noises were nice, too.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
Quote by CanCan
And no way those drums are live, they sound like MIDIs!

I'd be inclined to agree with this.

Otherwise, not a bad recording-not to my taste but all the same its not bad, it does sound like you've recorded a guitar over something created in fruityloops or cubase or the like and its a little bit dull but again i guess thats to personal taste

crit for crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407497
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
nah they are an electric kit, fed through a pa and in turn put into a lap top. the bass is just a bass guitar, with the amp mic'd up and fed ibn to the pa and into the lap top and the guitar is the same. i used a DS-1 and a Phaser pedal to make the sound. it was all recorded live in one take.

if you dont believe me i have a video of it, although this was done at a different occassion live, and it has come out bad as the levels were not right!

and buchering it is a bit harsh! we are a rock band we do play it live properly, it was just an a ttempt at something different, as we were using the elecric kit to record with, we thaught why not? like ive said before, i hate techno and any kind of dance music, but it was just a laugh and we enjoyed it!