ok this is an improvement on the last one as I said before but this time with a different thread title cause so it wont get closed

dont know genre its called jazzy thing but its not jazz its just that the lead is around blues scale

I tired to make it more simple and unify lead and rythm guitars did it work? what was good what was bad?

if its bad I might as well give up now cause that took me all of yesterday tabbing on guitar pro is annoying at times

guitar pro users please rate and I will rate yours though it has to be power tab cause every time I open somebody elses guitar pro it comes up as guitar pro 5 and I only have 4
Attachments:
jazzy thing improved.zip
Chuck Norris has two speeds, walk and kill
Its a bit of a mess. When each instrument is listened to individualy, theyre all great, but when all those instruments are together its a technical mess. The rythms and melodys dont go toghether. Dosent do anything for me.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
gaa might as well give up now then does anything work?
Well the intro has a nice jazzy feel to it but the parts don't fit well together. I would suggest maybe spending more time on this and perhaps simplifying the rythmn. All the parts sounded nice on their own though. The chord sections I quite liked and were catchy. The percussion had a bit too much cymbol in my opinion. It was a good attempt, definately don't give up. I think it's a pretty good song just needs some work to get the different instruments sounding well together. There was parts that definately sounded great. Keep working at it.

EDIT: Also you seem to know what you're doing theory wise which is good, my first few songs were terrible sounding. The only bad thing is parts not fitting together well.
Last edited by aaronni at Jul 30, 2006,
thanks yeah I kind of tabbed the instruments without thinking about the big picture... yeah rythm is complex but thats because I always play rythm complex and spontaneously with lots of mutings I always have been a rythm player but I will try and unify the rythm I definately agree with you about the percussion but as I know nothing about drums the percussion is more for laying down a beat rather than being an essential part of the song if I ever got a band the drummer would make up his own stuff. XD theory wise I know a few scales and quite a few chords so I try to make something orginal... this often ends up in things being overly complicated and not fitting yeah I will keep working at it now