hey, im looking for an effects pedal- maybe second hand (im looking on ebay), so does anyone know of one (cheapish) that would be good for an intermediate guitar player like myself?

thanx
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:
Gain:0
Bass:0
Mid:0
Treble:0
Presence:0
Master Volume:0
Well what way do you want it to affect your sound?

Something like a distortion pedal will simply add distortion, A Chorus pedal will make your sound fuller as if two guitars are playing the same thing, A Compressor will tighten up your sound, An Equaliser will give you more control over your tone...

There are loads of different types of effects pedals, you have to know how you want it to affect your sound
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
stuff like wah wah
I dont like pedals much. Ppl like to load them into the loop and it just sounds less real to me. That being said, I highly recommend what GNR up there mentioned-An equaliser. You will appreciate the increased control of your sound and you will appreciate the fact you don't have to go to your Amp to do it. No matter what type of music you play or what type of gear you have, that pedal is almost always useful. Other pedals are really only needed considering what guitar you have and what amp you have.
I dont like pedals much either, a compressor is useful and possibly chorus too.
stuff like distortion can be done with your amp really
Stay away from the Vox 848, go with either the vox V847, the dunlop Original Crybaby or something in that way thats modded or a WD7..my top choice is the WD7

I know there's lots out there to get but i do some light rock and clean, i have a Boss CE5, WD7, DS1 (stay away from it unless you can mod it yourself), and a Fender PT100 tuner pedal.

im looking to get a harmonizer next

if your interested im selling some guitar gear on the bay, check it out

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZmoody07748

theres 5 watchers on the Wah and 10 on the cube, both will sell so dont miss out.
What type of music do you play?

Morley make some good wahs for stuff like Shred and Metal (Bad Horsie I and II, Mark Tremonti Power Wah), Vox as mentioned are good too especially for stuff like classic rock and blues, The Dunlop Classic Crybaby mightn't be bad for general Rock stuff while the 535Q or Dimebag Crybaby from Hell should be good for metal but with versatility too
Quote by GNR4EVER
What type of music do you play?

i like playing rock- but most of all, more indieish- arctic monkeys and the kooks etc.
you should probably get some kind of chorus pedal

check out the boss super chorus and ibanez cf7 =D
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by slash_cardy
i like playing rock- but most of all, more indieish- arctic monkeys and the kooks etc.

Vox V847 might be worth looking into
It all depends on how much u want to spend. The best pedals in my opinion are boss. a distortion, chorus delay and equilizer are the best ones for enhancing your sound. and a jim dunlop cry baby wah. thats all you need. I actually play with a boss me50 which is also worth a look. easy to understand, sounds good and only like £160
okay thanx for your help