on a jackson warrior

when i turn the volume knob to max, the guitar's circuit seems to be broken so there's no output. but the knob works normal before i max it (ie setting 0-9.5).

what can i do? get a new volume knob? but before i go and get a new knob how do i know it'll be fixed with a knob replacement? bypass it or something?
Last edited by evolutionised at Jul 30, 2006,
um check the wiring in the back. it could be just a case of a shoddy pot but get your guitar shop to check it out for you
yea that happens with my Godin. Right before full, it cuts out but at full its fine. Last night I opened it up to check and all the connections were good. Must just be the pot itself.
This happened on my Schecter C-1. I had the pots replaced and now it works fine. I am guessing that it is the actualy pot and now the wiring.
^right but, when u replaced the pot, u had to rewire too. so u really dont know if in ur case it was the pots or how they were wired.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
yea, i would get a new one. if you have a soldering iron and know how to solder, do it yourself, but if you dont have one, take it to the shop.

also you may want strong callouses or else you could burn yourself. and always plan **** before you do them or else other **** happens
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
yea plan. you can use plyers though to put the wires away and stuff so you dont get burnt.

lol i use a soldering iron and i put a cloth near the guitar so i burn that instead of the finish on the guitar
haha thanks, i'll get both the pot and the wiring replaced so all the problems will be eliminated.

sadly i'm studying in hong kong and i don't have a soldering iron and i don't think the hong kong hardware shop people will understand the phrase "i'd like a soldering iron please". so yeah i'll get it fixed in a shop.
Quote by evolutionised
haha thanks, i'll get both the pot and the wiring replaced so all the problems will be eliminated.

sadly i'm studying in hong kong and i don't have a soldering iron and i don't think the hong kong hardware shop people will understand the phrase "i'd like a soldering iron please". so yeah i'll get it fixed in a shop.

you can get soldering irons from your local electronic store